Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 3 days of bracket racing at Milan Dragway this weekend

  1. #1
    Club Member kennyb68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    ST CLAIR
    Posts
    335

    Default 3 days of bracket racing at Milan Dragway this weekend

    https://renegaderacefuel.com/

  2. #2
    Club Member dave89iroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Taylor, Mi
    Posts
    16,224

    Default

    I gave up after seeing like 10 different flyers with different info
    ASE Master Certified Technician

  3. #3
    Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Rochester Hills
    Posts
    5,126

    Default

    At least there is enthusiasm!

  4. #4
    Club Member AutoRoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dearborn
    Posts
    5,973

    Default

    You had to show up and ask what classes are running, I figured this was the best route after seeing a lot of info too. Saturday was a madhouse. It looked like my class had 120 cars and there must have been 5-6 other classes. I ran No Box 1/8th mile. Box 1/8 mile probably had the same amount of cars. They also had a 1/4 mile class, a nostalgia class, fuel nostalgia, pro bike. Slight rain delay didn't help....a few oil downs, a few driveline mishaps..

    I lost my first round of eliminations at about 8:30pm and was home right at dark. If it ran into Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised. A guy told me that the heads up Friday ran till 3am.

    Overall good time, food was good, lots of clean cars!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

  5. #5
    Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Rochester Hills
    Posts
    5,126

    Default

    Thanks for the report Denny. Glad overall it was a good time.

  6. #6
    Club Member kennyb68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    ST CLAIR
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    You had to show up and ask what classes are running, I figured this was the best route after seeing a lot of info too. Saturday was a madhouse. It looked like my class had 120 cars and there must have been 5-6 other classes. I ran No Box 1/8th mile. Box 1/8 mile probably had the same amount of cars. They also had a 1/4 mile class, a nostalgia class, fuel nostalgia, pro bike. Slight rain delay didn't help....a few oil downs, a few driveline mishaps..

    I lost my first round of eliminations at about 8:30pm and was home right at dark. If it ran into Sunday, I wouldn't be surprised. A guy told me that the heads up Friday ran till 3am.

    Overall good time, food was good, lots of clean cars!
    I raced both brackets classes also. Second round finished at midnight then the rain came in and stopped the show. Sunday was canceled because of rain.
    https://renegaderacefuel.com/

  7. #7
    Club Member Maniacc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The other side of Hell
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Denny, Wish I had known you were there, would have stopped by to say hello, we were there from 4 till midnight Saturday.
    '88 Camaro IROC-Z Supercharged and Intercooled

  8. #8
    Club Member AutoRoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dearborn
    Posts
    5,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kennyb68 View Post
    I raced both brackets classes also. Second round finished at midnight then the rain came in and stopped the show. Sunday was canceled because of rain.
    Thanks! I was still wondering how the night finished up.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

  9. #9
    Club Member AutoRoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dearborn
    Posts
    5,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    Thanks! I was still wondering how the night finished up.
    I was there from 10am to 9pm. Lots of really clean third gens... Really clean, like... Fresh paint and never washed because they are just race cars that never see the street. 2 of them were a father/son team. A blue IROC-Z looked completely stock but it ran 11.40's with a cammed LS3/Auto. I'll post it up.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

  10. #10
    Club Member AutoRoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Dearborn
    Posts
    5,973

    Default







    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •