Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Ford service people here?

I mean I haven’t seen the figures, but the amount of corners cut and “substituted equivalent “ parts I think is starting to show in quality. There’s so much crap being built wrong due to chip and part shortages, I’m avoiding anything new for at least another year.

Quote Originally Posted by WayFastWhitey View Post
    I mean I haven’t seen the figures, but the amount of corners cut and “substituted equivalent “ parts I think is starting to show in quality. There’s so much crap being built wrong due to chip and part shortages, I’m avoiding anything new for at least another year.
    Parts shortages are causing manufacturers to switch suppliers mid-run without retesting. This is causing a lot of issues with quality across the board.

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

We got a text message from Ford saying the Expedition has a recall for randomly catching fire and to park it outside and get it in for service as quick as you can. If you don't feel safe with it, we will provide you with a loaner till we can address. Take it to the dealership today for them to look at. Tell them if they need it for more than a day, I need a loaner. She goes, we won't have loaners for at least another month. How bad can you screw this up Ford.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    We got a text message from Ford saying the Expedition has a recall for randomly catching fire and to park it outside and get it in for service as quick as you can. If you don't feel safe with it, we will provide you with a loaner till we can address. Take it to the dealership today for them to look at. Tell them if they need it for more than a day, I need a loaner. She goes, we won't have loaners for at least another month. How bad can you screw this up Ford.
    That is total BS - since last time I got a loaner at a dealership, they just had Enterprise in there signing me up for a daily rental.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    That is total BS - since last time I got a loaner at a dealership, they just had Enterprise in there signing me up for a daily rental.

-Geoff
    It got worse. I didn't hear from them all day, so I call at 4:30 and ask for an update. The shop was behind and my vehicle is pulled apart and will be finished on Friday now. I say "I need a loaner then as I need my second vehicle today". Their response "We don't have any loaners, sorry". I'm just supposed to cancel in person meetings or find someone who can go pick my kids up from school. Ford is doing wonders to make sure I don't ever tell someone about how horrible they are.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T

According to that, I should have went with Dodge (Assuming Dodge and Ram sit under the Chrysler bucket)
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T

It got worse. I didn't hear from them all day, so I call at 4:30 and ask for an update. The shop was behind and my vehicle is pulled apart and will be finished on Friday now. I say "I need a loaner then as I need my second vehicle today". Their response "We don't have any loaners, sorry". I'm just supposed to cancel in person meetings or find someone who can go pick my kids up from school. Ford is doing wonders to make sure I don't ever tell someone about how horrible they are.
    That kind of crappy treatment isn't Ford, it is the dealership. Locally here, people bag on Rinke Chevrolet in Warren all the time, but they have always come through for me in terms of service, and I always give them high rankings on the surveys they send. I think it gets fed back to them too, because they have done some crazy stuff for me with warranty work, even with the car out of warranty.

The reason I say this is - and to be fair I don't know if Ford is like GM in terms of surveys - but with a GM dealer, if you really want to get their attention, you give them a really bad survey result. At GM, it literally hits the employees financially, and the dealership actually has to answer to the district service manager if they start getting rated poorly. Maybe someone can confirm if it is like this at a Ford dealer? It forces them to respond at least, and someone will probably follow up with you.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    That kind of crappy treatment isn't Ford, it is the dealership. Locally here, people bag on Rinke Chevrolet in Warren all the time, but they have always come through for me in terms of service, and I always give them high rankings on the surveys they send. I think it gets fed back to them too, because they have done some crazy stuff for me with warranty work, even with the car out of warranty.

The reason I say this is - and to be fair I don't know if Ford is like GM in terms of surveys - but with a GM dealer, if you really want to get their attention, you give them a really bad survey result. At GM, it literally hits the employees financially, and the dealership actually has to answer to the district service manager if they start getting rated poorly. Maybe someone can confirm if it is like this at a Ford dealer? It forces them to respond at least, and someone will probably follow up with you.

-Geoff
    Can 100% confirm this is how it works at GM. Those surveys can go a long way on impacting the dealership, and individual employee (at least, it used to). Also, I am 99% sure that GM financially incentivizes dealers to have some loaners and demos, and to use them. I am not as familiar with Stellantis, but from my time there I don't believe they give dealers the same incentives so it's more on the dealer to want to offer it in the name of customer service.

According to that, I should have went with Dodge (Assuming Dodge and Ram sit under the Chrysler bucket)
    I find the story interesting because as I understand it Ford went through a pretty significant quality journey 15-20 years ago. Guess it’s time to dust off the APQP playbook again.

Thread Information