Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Ford service people here?

Default Any Ford service people here?

IWE's on the Raptor are grinding cause of ford's great engineering on the 4x4 f150s vacuum system suck but can't get into a dealer for warrenty work for a month or two!
    Any hook ups here?
    They say dealerships are inundated of warranty work from the new cars they are selling, 1 in 5 cars Are coming back Because of quality control from the factory... pretty sad!
    SAL

I believe if you just unhook the vacuum line to them they should just stay engaged and not grind. Hubs will be locked in obviously but not a big deal and not as annoying as grinding.

They need the vacuum to keep them disconnected.. trying to drive in 4x4 on dry roads sounds worse then the chattering
    SAL

Crazy that Ford would let the quality slip that bad. Literally F150 is their bread and butter. There is a LOT of discontent at Ford right now after the 8000 layoffs thing hit the news. I guess Farley had a town hall and when asked about it, he said "We have a whole group of people who do nothing but brackets, and Tesla has no such group". How would you like to be a hard working engineer or designer in the bracket group after hearing that? Probably a lot of pissed off people there right now. He also railed on the "Customer Experience" which I think is alluding to the problems you are seeing, Sal.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    They need the vacuum to keep them disconnected.. trying to drive in 4x4 on dry roads sounds worse then the chattering
    But if you just leave the truck in 2wd and disconnect them, it will just be like any other OEM that don't do axle disconnects. Shafts/ front diff/ front driveshaft will just spin from wheel speed but t-case won't provide power. Unless Raptors have front lockers. Then that won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Crazy that Ford would let the quality slip that bad. Literally F150 is their bread and butter. There is a LOT of discontent at Ford right now after the 8000 layoffs thing hit the news. I guess Farley had a town hall and when asked about it, he said "We have a whole group of people who do nothing but brackets, and Tesla has no such group". How would you like to be a hard working engineer or designer in the bracket group after hearing that? Probably a lot of pissed off people there right now. He also railed on the "Customer Experience" which I think is alluding to the problems you are seeing, Sal.

-Geoff
    I was kinda in shock when he flat out told me the problem of the back ups..

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnCobra View Post
    But if you just leave the truck in 2wd and disconnect them, it will just be like any other OEM that don't do axle disconnects. Shafts/ front diff/ front driveshaft will just spin from wheel speed but t-case won't provide power. Unless Raptors have front lockers. Then that won't work.
    Ah ok I get what your saying.. gonna try that tonight
    SAL

Run new lines to the hubs, it did it on my 2010. It was not bad at all.
    ****MATT*****

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybones View Post
    Run new lines to the hubs, it did it on my 2010. It was not bad at all.
    Yea job looks fairly easy but it's all covered under extended warrenty. (Incase the actual hubs are bad.. been grinding like marbles in a food processor! )
    SAL

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnCobra View Post
    I believe if you just unhook the vacuum line to them they should just stay engaged and not grind. Hubs will be locked in obviously but not a big deal and not as annoying as grinding.
    It worked.. no grinding .. now gotta get into the dealer..

Matt..Yea looks easy but I have an aftermarket Ford warrenty that covers everything.. Might as well make them pay for it.
    SAL

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

Unfortunately, my wifes 2021 Expedition has been recalled twice already. Once for wiper blades and the second for randomly catching fire. I know Dodge takes slack for things, but my 2013 Charger hasn't had nearly the problems this thing has and we've had it for a year. Outside of the recalls, it's been in 2 other times for other problems and some of the problems they can't get to replicate so they can't fix it. The drivers side sensor just goes off randomly while you're driving. Going into reverse sometimes it won't go into gear. She loves the vehicle for it's size, but there's no way in hell I'm buying this out at the end of the lease. I'll go pay for a Wagoneer.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Thread Information