Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lions 2022-2023 thread

Ya, I am very aware of that but there is no need to go to social media with that shit.

Sorry, I guess I am cold person but these attention thirsty people are just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejuiced86 View Post
    Ya, I am very aware of that but there is no need to go to social media with that shit.

Sorry, I guess I am cold person but these attention thirsty people are just annoying.
    Please do not apologize - it was a tragedy to be sure, but these guys get paid millions and get carted off the field at a regular rate. Meanwhile, many other professions get paid peanuts in comparison and face death and disfigurement on a regular basis.

I was done when I saw the article below. It puts this whole thing in a nutshell.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...e-in-football/

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Side note.......that national championship game was quite the nail biter!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to the Lions season next year, for the first time in a long time. It seems like Campbell has actually changed the culture. I thought that was impossible, but here we are.

Anyone heard from the Stafford slappies?
    Speaking of culture, not for nothing, but I've always thought this attitude is part of what often makes Michigan loser-ish.

Matt Stafford played his ass off, was a great guy around town, kept his mouth shut, and the minute he left town, he led a team to a Super Bowl victory. He's in an infinitesimally small group of people as far as career success goes in not only his field but in any field, he's made an astonishing amount of money, and I can't recall ever seeing him be anything but a good dude to anyone, big or small, young or old. Hard to really imagine still boo-hooing bitterly about that guy, especially if you're happy about your current circumstance. Just reflects a whininess that winners don't usually have.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Paul or Sanders are our only help to get this thing back on track.

The NFL is just a job and you have to do what's best for you. His departure didn't hurt this team, if anything is helped. It set in motion a plan that appears to be working(shocking).

Not to insult those who get upset over players moving to new teams, but really you just need to get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by DBK View Post
    Speaking of culture, not for nothing, but I've always thought this attitude is part of what often makes Michigan loser-ish.

Matt Stafford played his ass off, was a great guy around town, kept his mouth shut, and the minute he left town, he led a team to a Super Bowl victory. He's in an infinitesimally small group of people as far as career success goes in not only his field but in any field, he's made an astonishing amount of money, and I can't recall ever seeing him be anything but a good dude to anyone, big or small, young or old. Hard to really imagine still boo-hooing bitterly about that guy, especially if you're happy about your current circumstance. Just reflects a whininess that winners don't usually have.
    It's not a shot at Stafford though, it's a shot at the fan boys who want to sniff his jock strap while pretending that he could do no wrong. That being said, the only reason I'd cheer for him to fail now is to help the Lions draft stock. Out side of that, I really don't care.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Absolutely not.

Thread Information