Thread: Spun Bearing - 2001 Mustang GT with Vortec @5PSI

Default Spun Bearing - 2001 Mustang GT with Vortec @5PSI

Nothing too crazy, it is supposedly fully built top and bottom, but has a spun bearing at least. Before I spend the money to rebuild what I have, I wanted to get some feedback on money spent in alternate ways. If I have to rebuild the short block, would it be better to just buy a built shortblock fresh or rebuild my own. Right now, it seems like the cost is about the same or cheaper to buy a built SB instead of rebuilding. Plus the time save. I have considered a swap, but I don't know enough about this thing to know which engine and what I am missing harness wise to make it work. Also seems to be a crap ton of janky sites selling motors now days and some you can outright tell are scams, but others seem legit, but I do not know. Any suggestions of companies I should or could speak with or ones to avoid at all costs? ThanksF748FEAC-DF27-4746-923F-382CE20E48D0.jpeg

well depending on the damage from the spun bearing and what caused the spun bearing we can help you figure this out

313 561 5500

Quote Originally Posted by Livernoismotorsports View Post
    well depending on the damage from the spun bearing and what caused the spun bearing we can help you figure this out
    I appreciate that. I was looking at your short block setup, the MMR long block, and the various options available to me at the rebuild level. But I am waitng on the build sheet for the car before I move forward as that will be the driving force for the direction I go. I will PM once I figure what I have to work with. Thanks for the response.

Thread Information