Thread: Small block fuel injection - with N20 control and E85 flexing?

Default Small block fuel injection - with N20 control and E85 flexing?

I have a old el camino I'm thinking about updating a little bit.

The current set up is a dart 420ci small block at 13:1, carb'd. Timing is pulled way back to run off 93 pump gas, but still dyno'd at about 560whp through a th350 and 12 bolt.

I'm thinking I might want to swap it over to FI, if there is an easy -ish way to do it. Ideally I'd like a controller that will control N20 and be flex fuel capable. I'd love to sense that I'm running E85 and advance the timing and correct the fueling side. Probably only spray about a 200 shot ramped in on it.

The other option is that I could just run an E85 carb and always run E85 with a nitrous stand alone controller.

It sounds like E85 would make it happy, especially once you throw nitrous at it. That 93 won't be happy so why even entertain it anymore.

As far as a nitrous controller, maybe just run a timing knob on the dash? I always pulled 8 degrees with a 74 jet(200hp). Worked nicely.

FI options are definitely out there... Lots.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    It sounds like E85 would make it happy, especially once you throw nitrous at it. That 93 won't be happy so why even entertain it anymore.

As far as a nitrous controller, maybe just run a timing knob on the dash? I always pulled 8 degrees with a 74 jet(200hp). Worked nicely.

FI options are definitely out there... Lots.
    I'm want everything to be in one package. If I went E85 with timing knob on the dash, I could just do a stand alone N20 tank for E85 and adjust the n20 nozzles and run a n20 controller. I'm looking for either a carb with injectors in it or an intake manifold with a stand alone controller to run it all.

I guess I could just fab my own kit up with some stand alone controller, but I'm looking for more of a one box solution.

https://www.competitionproducts.com/.../#.Y4jfSnbMKUk

Maybe? I'd like to hear some opinions before dropping $3K.

Maybe Holley terminator X
    Last edited by ultradriver10000; 12-01-2022 at 12:13 PM.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultradriver10000 View Post
    I installed one of those in a Pantera - It was the complete kit, but for gasoline. It was the kit like the picture you are showing, but they've really gone up in the past year. I think I spent $21,, or $2200 for the kit - Well, the customer did...LOL

It was a pretty easy installation and ran well once I was finished...

Gary

Great to know!!

This one also looks pretty great for a bit less.
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/550-540

I worked on the development of these kits at Accell 18 years ago. Barry Grant and my boss did the first conversions
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

I have been running the FiTech Meanstreet 800 FI on my Big Block for 6 seasons now. Has been great.
    Awesome startups! I honestly noticed better MPG and my foot is always into it. Idles perfect and very responsive. No complaints.
    ****MATT*****

Thread Information