Thread: 4.8/5.3

Forum Member

Default 4.8/5.3

New build started looking for a motor to start with. Options are pretty open looking for a good short block or if the price is right long block/whole motor.

Kinda bummed at the cost of LS parts... I thought they were a lot cheaper to build. I started one several months ago.. Searching for a FAST intake now... damn things are over 1k for a chunk of plastic.

I have a 2003 5.3 out of a GMC Yukon XL. The truck was rear ended and then parted out. I bought the truck to use the driveline for a project. When I received the truck the previous owner took all the interior out including the column for his Yukon. So I never heard it run. I ended up using the trans and transfer case in something else. I robbed a few small things from the engine, the starter, few plug wires, sensors. I was going to keep the motor for a future project but I'm kind of tired of staring at it. It turns over with a wrench on the crank. The truck had a 168,000 on it.

I don't know what to price it if you're interested how about $300. Located in Clinton Township 48035 if you want to come look it over.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/waqivz8.jpg[/img
    Last edited by capone; 01-10-2023 at 06:30 PM.

Forum Member

Sorry for the delay I’m interested PM incoming

Thread Information