Thread: Indoor Winter/year round storage for cars/toys

Default Indoor Winter/year round storage for cars/toys

Quick question for the masses, for those that still utilize a "winter storage" location to keep there toys, what is the going rate for winter storage per month? My wife's boss is looking into the possibility of leasing a larger location and is looking to subsidize the back half of the building with another option. So i mentioned winter storage, as opposed to a regular business like a detailing shop or tint type place. Trying to give him an idea of possible revenue for heated/temperature controlled indoor storage.

Thanks all.
    Jason

Firearm & Class 3 Sales/Service/Transfer/Customizing

Cool

That is a great question. What area would the storage place be?

I'm not up on the storage costs, but I thought it was about $100 /mo
    for indoor car storage. Add "climate controlled' and I would think
    that number would go up & you'd be dealing with premium clientele.

a club i belong to has a ( Club House ) ... $100 a month to store your car and you are able to work on it ... we also have a warehouse ... ots kept at 50 degrees but we pack cars in and its a ( in for the winter type deal )

club house is in Ypsi .... warehouse .. is in chelsea
    Driven Crazy

Storage would be Clinton Twp. Hall Rd/Groesbeck area. I think he is leaning towards just a storage facility to eliminate the hassles of security/customer access for customers working on there cars. But i know he is entertaining the idea of just leasing the space out to a club/business that is looking for a warehouse type location for storage/usage. Will have bathrooms and a small office space for business/club types.

I will get an idea of what kind of square footage he is looking to utilize for his business, and for this venture. I just told him that winter/year round storage is an option to offset the cost of a bigger building that he doesn't really need all of, as well as just sub leasing the space to another business as well.

Thanks guys.
    Jason

Firearm & Class 3 Sales/Service/Transfer/Customizing

I think I was paying $139 a month for one of those roll up garage door self storage places about 10 years ago. The spot was barely wide than the car but I just needed a spot for it. Private indoor, but not in the slightest bit heated. It was the one out by the airport in Waterford.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Last year I paid $120/month for a 10x20 roll up door cold storage unit in Troy. No power, cant hook up a charger, cant work on anything etc. I paid up front for 4 months and was told I could extend if I wanted to. Late in the third month I received a letter stating my renewal rate would go up by 80% (another $100), so I pulled my car out.

$120 was my limit for that kind of storage but people around here are paying a lot more.
    1990 GT

Quote Originally Posted by avbcon12 View Post
    Last year I paid $120/month for a 10x20 roll up door cold storage unit in Troy. No power, cant hook up a charger, cant work on anything etc. I paid up front for 4 months and was told I could extend if I wanted to. Late in the third month I received a letter stating my renewal rate would go up by 80% (another $100), so I pulled my car out.

$120 was my limit for that kind of storage but people around here are paying a lot more.
    I'd agree, $120/month is prob. the limit for pure storage
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Honestly still kicking myself for not buying one of those condo garages at the M1 Concourse on Woodward for $80k during the great recession. Not to mention there is a tiny one listed at $389k right now all done up like a Condo.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Thread Information