Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Car or Truck Sucks Right Now!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    Well, it took me months to find it, I just drove it back from Austin, Texas, I love it and ......

I'm already thinking, if I were to sell it? LOL!

2011 4x4 Tahoe, Fire Chief vehicle, 106,000 RUST FREE miles! Loaded with emergency
    lighting and siren. Truck drove great @ 100+ mph. Made the 1,350 mile trip wonderfully!

I'm thinking $19,500. as a minimum? Given the rarity and condition, what do you guys think?

Attachment 87777
    Damn Thats Sexy
    Driven Crazy

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    Damn Thats Sexy
    Thanks, Thats what I thought too!

Ever notice there are a million victory red Silverado's,
    but how often do you see a victory red Tahoe?

Forum Member

I think that's a good "I don't want to let it go, but I would for a price" amount. Super cool find, and I am jealous at how clean it looks. Everything I see around here is a goddamn rust bucket.

Forum Member

I am considering picking up a newish sedan....thinking something like an Impala or a Lacrosse. I was hoping to find a good low mileage, recently off a lease or something. Everything I am seeing has been rebuilt. I love that they all say "replaced front fascia" - yeah, I am sure a 3-4 year old vehicle was totaled because of a cracked fascia only.

Anyway - any good sites or resources I can watch for some good newer vehicles like this? The Marketplace, Autotrader, cars.com.....none seem very good for this. I don't get it, I feel like there should be plenty out there.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    I think that's a good "I don't want to let it go, but I would for a price" amount. Super cool find, and I am jealous at how clean it looks. Everything I see around here is a goddamn rust bucket.
    The crazy thought of selling that Texas Tahoe I just got passed quickly

Too much work to find one like that! I'm gonna keep it. Yes, I too am allergic
    to rust!

Forum Member

Looks great, and they are damn nice vehicles, but I just can't get over $19k for a 172k mile vehicle, especially one that's spent 8 years in MI as I know how that story develops a few years from now with the rust.

The worst thing right now is the interest rates. I just paid 7.7% for a private owner sale at my credit union.

It's better then the 8.25% my sister paid to GM Financial to buy the lease from them. It was only financed for 6 weeks from them so it didn't matter much.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by loosenut View Post
    The worst thing right now is the interest rates. I just paid 7.7% for a private owner sale at my credit union.

It's better then the 8.25% my sister paid to GM Financial to buy the lease from them. It was only financed for 6 weeks from them so it didn't matter much.
    I am not looking forward to that when I buy out my old man's lease. The rates are gonna be horrific.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    Looks great, and they are damn nice vehicles, but I just can't get over $19k for a 172k mile vehicle, especially one that's spent 8 years in MI as I know how that story develops a few years from now with the rust.
    I agree, I bought a Tahoe 4 years older, with 66,000 less miles and she's rust free
    and cost a lot less!

It pays to purchase a one-way ticket & drive. At the rate vehicles prices are going .....
    ...... lets just say I'm glad I have my bicycle

Thread Information