Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying a Car or Truck Sucks Right Now!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultradriver10000 View Post
    Market is totally fucked right now. Just about the only car's you can get on the cheap are used Panthers. Buy a clean low mileage grand marquis and drive it for the next 5 years on the cheap. Toss a trailer hitch on them and they can pull as much as a truck.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...c-4ac2d90b5302
    I'd rock the hell out of that thing.

My dad lives in NC, so I sang clean cars with him from time to time. I daily my Merc when I don't have a company car.

Got this 1994 Roadmaster with ~60K miles for $1000! Needed a fuel pump and injectors from sitting so long but its stupid clean.

I also got a insanely clean 2009 Grand Marquis, had less then 30K miles for $6K.

Market is totally fucked right now. Just about the only car's you can get on the cheap are used Panthers. Buy a clean low mileage grand marquis and drive it for the next 5 years on the cheap. Toss a trailer hitch on them and they can pull as much as a truck.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...c-4ac2d90b5302
    That actually looks awesome

My dad lives in NC, so I sang clean cars with him from time to time. I daily my Merc when I don't have a company car.

Got this 1994 Roadmaster with ~60K miles for $1000! Needed a fuel pump and injectors from sitting so long but its stupid clean.

I also got a insanely clean 2009 Grand Marquis, had less then 30K miles for $6K.
    Sell me one lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Nice Larry! I have been looking at 2014 and 2015 Silverado's in the low $20k range. I found a GMC with 206k miles for $16,500 that looks tempting too. In GR I found a "Texas Edition" Silverado, which means it at least started it's life in Texas. Gotta watch some of these 10 year old trucks for rust too.

-Geoff
    i had a 2014 SLE with leather . Loved that truck. 5.3 short crew with a six speed. Two weeks before lease ended it got hit at work. After that I got a 2017 Denali crew 8speed crazy cheap and hated it. Never eeven a rock chip in the thing. Got this one and love it but quickly hit a deer. Later backed into a pole. Still bought it due to new prices
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Nice Larry! I have been looking at 2014 and 2015 Silverado's in the low $20k range. I found a GMC with 206k miles for $16,500 that looks tempting too. In GR I found a "Texas Edition" Silverado, which means it at least started it's life in Texas. Gotta watch some of these 10 year old trucks for rust too.

-Geoff
    I had a 16 Sierra SLT and loved it. 5.3l with the 6 speed. With the 18" wheels it rode nicer then the Denali.

I would look down south. Away from the ocean. Trucks are clean as hell. Paint fade is the issue down there.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Arrow

-Geoff

Careful, I see a big difference in Chevy trucks at the auctions with bad motors / trans
    in the 2015's & above. I would much prefer a 2014 & below.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    Careful, I see a big difference in Chevy trucks at the auctions with bad motors / trans
    in the 2015's & above. I would much prefer a 2014 & below.
    2014 is the same engine /driveline what’s the difference
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    2014 is the same engine /driveline what’s the difference

I'm not sure, but there is a difference. The resale values are beginning
    to reflect this as well. Perhaps check with with a motor or trans shop and
    ask them about the number of Chevy trucks above & below the 2015's?

I know I'm not the only one that has noticed this.

2014+ half tons are a different engine. 3/4 & 1 ton switched bodies in 2015 but I'm not sure if new engines followed in them as well or not. Engine are "LT" series vs LS series, but all the same displacements. They have direct injection on them. Buddy had a 2015 at one point and is well versed. This was his response when I asked about those trucks couple months ago.
    They don't burn oil but they all need a catch can installed on them. The PCV system sucks. They still have lifter issues. They have weird converter shudder and hard shift issues with V4-V8 mode switching. If it's not a 6L80 truck don't buy it, the 8spds sucks worse. I'm not sure where I sit with those trucks anymore. Lots of transmission issues which are really converter issues that don't get diagnosed properly and then end up wasting the trans too.

Thread Information