Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Car or Truck Sucks Right Now!

Quote Originally Posted by loosenut View Post
    I'm getting ready to list my 09 Escalade for sale. 200K. 6.2 with no DOD or AFM. Its not deleted, it wasn't available on these in 09. Typical Michigan rust. Exhaust leak on #1 cylinder, quiets down when it gets to operating temp. Runs and drives great.
    Is it an EXT? I need that bed. A guy just sold a similar one on CL and he was asking $12.5k.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Is it an EXT? I need that bed. A guy just sold a similar one on CL and he was asking $12.5k.

-Geoff
    Nope. Short body.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Ended up scoring a winner in Jacksonville Florida. 175k miles Escalade EXT. It is higher miles than I wanted, but it had a dealer installed crate motor at 100k. Everything works and it rides smooth as silk - put about 8 hours on it already between Jacksonville and Winston-Salem, then had it shipped for the final leg. The selling point was that when I crawled under it, there wasn't a spec of rust. OK maybe a spec, but nothing like what you get in Michigan. All the axles still had the black coating, and the paint was still white. It still needs a little work - couple dents, the CHMSL is out, but it was about the best I was going to do. Got the original wheels with it too, so will probably run summer/winter tires.

Andy, do you run a club or any other anti-theft device? I did a little research, and the Escalade EXT was one of the most stolen vehicles in the country while it was being produced... So that should be fun!

-Geoff

IMG_7339.jpg

Nice score, Congrats!

Ended up scoring a winner in Jacksonville Florida. 175k miles Escalade EXT. It is higher miles than I wanted, but it had a dealer installed crate motor at 100k. Everything works and it rides smooth as silk - put about 8 hours on it already between Jacksonville and Winston-Salem, then had it shipped for the final leg. The selling point was that when I crawled under it, there wasn't a spec of rust. OK maybe a spec, but nothing like what you get in Michigan. All the axles still had the black coating, and the paint was still white. It still needs a little work - couple dents, the CHMSL is out, but it was about the best I was going to do. Got the original wheels with it too, so will probably run summer/winter tires.

Andy, do you run a club or any other anti-theft device? I did a little research, and the Escalade EXT was one of the most stolen vehicles in the country while it was being produced... So that should be fun!

-Geoff

IMG_7339.jpg
    Nice!

No, i don't use any theft deterrent. With my windows blacked out you couldn't see it anyway.

I have it insured for an agreed value.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Just park it next to a kia, durango or charger when you go out. No anti theft device needed then.

Leave one of those iphone GPS trackers in it.... if you want to get it back.

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-MX542AM...60898874&psc=1

Cool

Well, it took me months to find it, I just drove it back from Austin, Texas, I love it and ......

I'm already thinking, if I were to sell it? LOL!

2011 4x4 Tahoe, Fire Chief vehicle, 106,000 RUST FREE miles! Loaded with emergency
    lighting and siren. Truck drove great @ 100+ mph. Made the 1,350 mile trip wonderfully!

I'm thinking $19,500. as a minimum? Given the rarity and condition, what do you guys think?

2011 Texas Tahoe EM.jpg

Sell it? You just got it!

-Geoff

Cool

Sell it? You just got it!

-Geoff
    I highly doubt I'll sell it, but something a friend said
    got me thinking & if someone would pay me enough.

If this doesn't sell, that would be fine. It it does,
    that too would be fine, but it would have to be
    worth the time & work.
    Last edited by 4Gas$; 06-03-2023 at 04:36 PM.

Thread Information