Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Buying a Car or Truck Sucks Right Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    Anyway - any good sites or resources I can watch for some good newer vehicles like this? The Marketplace, Autotrader, cars.com.....none seem very good for this. I don't get it, I feel like there should be plenty out there.
    I found my Escalade on Craigslist for Jacksonville Florida. They are plentiful down south. I wouldn't look any further north than Kentucky. I like cargurus.com lately, but Auto Trader is also good, and sometimes you can get lucky on craigslist.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I found my Escalade on Craigslist for Jacksonville Florida. They are plentiful down south. I wouldn't look any further north than Kentucky. I like cargurus.com lately, but Auto Trader is also good, and sometimes you can get lucky on craigslist.

-Geoff

Seeing how we're out-of-state, a nice little trick is once you've found one
    you really like, contact the local dealership in their state, and have the owner
    take the car to his local dealership for a complete pre-sale inspection that you
    pay for.

The dealership then emails you the inspection report. Most any legit seller will
    simply take their vehicle to a local dealership for an inspection (that you're paying
    for). Some may not, and that probably would saved you time & grief.

I myself, prefer to buy government vehicles. They tend to not have any reason not
    to be honest & transparent about it. I talked to the Chief about my Tahoe before I
    bought it. He was very helpful, filled the gas tank for me, picked me up at the airport, etc.

my wife and I ordered a new Maverick through a friend that is a salesperson in Dearborn .. it will be a 2024 and cant put the order in until July 1 ...he has been calling us each week offering us a Truck that was ordered and the people changed their mind
    the one he called about this week had over 10k in options of crap we didn't want so we passed ... last week the one offered up was a 4 wheel drive non hybrid ...
    I recently saw a article about the Maverick saying that Ford was (ramping ) up production but still cant meet Demand
    Driven Crazy

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    my wife and I ordered a new Maverick through a friend that is a salesperson in Dearborn .. it will be a 2024 and cant put the order in until July 1 ...he has been calling us each week offering us a Truck that was ordered and the people changed their mind
    the one he called about this week had over 10k in options of crap we didn't want so we passed ... last week the one offered up was a 4 wheel drive non hybrid ...
    I recently saw a article about the Maverick saying that Ford was (ramping ) up production but still cant meet Demand

Seems Ford has a very hot little winner on their hands!

Folks love those things, and others are dying to get one!

Shouldn't be a problem for me to get a used one in 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by loosenut View Post
    The worst thing right now is the interest rates. I just paid 7.7% for a private owner sale at my credit union.

It's better then the 8.25% my sister paid to GM Financial to buy the lease from them. It was only financed for 6 weeks from them so it didn't matter much.
    That was the thing that drove me to buy from a dealer…. dealer rates were much much better. Got 3.49% through “The Local Credit Union” with 0 down. Paid a little more for the vehicle, but with better financing terms, it washed it out.

The market has been utterly fucked. Dealer bought my 2021 F-450 for $10k more than I paid for it and I put 6k miles on it. Before my Mom passed away, we looked at her lease buyout on her 2019 Escape Titanium, buyout was $17.2k and the dealer offered us $25k on the spot. I sold it private party for $28k. I don’t even recall the sticker new, but it wasn’t much higher than $28k I don’t think and that was after 3 years and 25k miles.

Should we really be surprised the market is so incredibly inflated with these kinds of things going on? My New F-350, the dealer wouldn’t even take my PIN. I went back and forth a lot on the dealer markup, but ultimately refused and they sold to me at MSRP.

Thread Information