Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Car or Truck Sucks Right Now!

seems like a GM overpricing issueScreenshot 2023-03-27 120529.jpg
    Last edited by dline; 03-27-2023 at 11:06 AM.
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    seems like a GM overpricing issue
    Yeah, it's definitely a GM issue
    Ram prices.jpg

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely a GM issue
    Ram prices.jpg
    For comparison, my old man's lease is a 2021 BigHorn 2, he's on a 39 month (I think 39k mile) lease....his buyout is just south of $32k.

He's way under on miles, which is why I am considering purchasing it next June when his lease is over. That, and it's never really seen snow or salt so it's damn near as new a vehicle as I can get.

I think all the brands are pretty comparable. I am sure you could cherrypick highs and lows, but in the end it is pretty similar.

The buyout on my Silverado is $34.5k - I might keep it if it was a crew cab, but between the Camaro and my truck, I would like to have one four adult passenger vehicle. Hoping to find something decent around $20k. I just don't need a full time truck anymore.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Found a 2013 Avalanche I want to check out. They are asking $22k for it, but I think there is room. Truck is NADA right about $20k. GMT900 for the win! Those LC9 engines are a dime a dozen too.

-Geoff

tons of rams in high $28,000 29,000 $30,000 range, i posted one earlier in the thread, they are out there
    Last edited by dline; 03-28-2023 at 10:17 AM.
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Found a 2013 Avalanche I want to check out. They are asking $22k for it, but I think there is room. Truck is NADA right about $20k. GMT900 for the win! Those LC9 engines are a dime a dozen too.

-Geoff
    Nice - I've really wanted a GMT900 Avalanche for a while. It'd be a perfect vehicle for my usage.

How many miles on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    Nice - I've really wanted a GMT900 Avalanche for a while. It'd be a perfect vehicle for my usage.

How many miles on it?
    I looked at it and it was mess - it had 130k. They are all a mess! It is unbelievable to me what people are asking for complete garbage.

- Looked at a 2015 GMC Denali 108k miles - body was clean, but suspension was fried (danced all over the road on bumps), drifted hard left on the freeway, and literally had an exhaust leak audible when you got to half throttle. Plus, driver seat was collapsed from too much ass probably (pretty common actually on trucks with miles like this). They wanted $26k for that! This was at Matick Chevrolet too, a reputable dealer.
    -2015 Silverado LTZ 2WD from Texas - I will admit, the underbody was spotless, but the body looked like it had been caught in a BLM riot. There was literally a hole drilled completely through the tailgate (wife said it was a bullet hole!), and every panel on the body had multiple scrapes and dents, including a couple of the black trim covers missing. They still wanted $23k!
    -2012 Avalanche - They were asking $22k but dropped it to $20k. The body looks like in two years all the paint is going to finish bubbling up and start falling off in sheets. Are you kidding me? And it had a questionable engine knock. Pass. At Berger Chevrolet - looked awesome in pics!
    -2010 Avalanche - This was only $14k, I had hopes. Had. The interior looked like the owner was on the Tough Mudder tour. The body was actually pretty clean, but the underbody was heavily rusty. The big dealbreaker was that nothing worked - seat coolers, heaters, Tire Pressure sensors, check suspension lights, check towing lights, etc. Honestly, if this was more functional I might have bought it. I don't need another project though.

Short term, I am adding six months to my current lease. Maybe the current insanity will end by November.

-Geoff

hahaha if you can easily extend the lease, let it ride

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I looked at it and it was mess - it had 130k. They are all a mess! It is unbelievable to me what people are asking for complete garbage.

- Looked at a 2015 GMC Denali 108k miles - body was clean, but suspension was fried (danced all over the road on bumps), drifted hard left on the freeway, and literally had an exhaust leak audible when you got to half throttle. Plus, driver seat was collapsed from too much ass probably (pretty common actually on trucks with miles like this). They wanted $26k for that! This was at Matick Chevrolet too, a reputable dealer.
    -2015 Silverado LTZ 2WD from Texas - I will admit, the underbody was spotless, but the body looked like it had been caught in a BLM riot. There was literally a hole drilled completely through the tailgate (wife said it was a bullet hole!), and every panel on the body had multiple scrapes and dents, including a couple of the black trim covers missing. They still wanted $23k!
    -2012 Avalanche - They were asking $22k but dropped it to $20k. The body looks like in two years all the paint is going to finish bubbling up and start falling off in sheets. Are you kidding me? And it had a questionable engine knock. Pass. At Berger Chevrolet - looked awesome in pics!
    -2010 Avalanche - This was only $14k, I had hopes. Had. The interior looked like the owner was on the Tough Mudder tour. The body was actually pretty clean, but the underbody was heavily rusty. The big dealbreaker was that nothing worked - seat coolers, heaters, Tire Pressure sensors, check suspension lights, check towing lights, etc. Honestly, if this was more functional I might have bought it. I don't need another project though.

Short term, I am adding six months to my current lease. Maybe the current insanity will end by November.

-Geoff
    I'm getting ready to list my 09 Escalade for sale. 200K. 6.2 with no DOD or AFM. Its not deleted, it wasn't available on these in 09. Typical Michigan rust. Exhaust leak on #1 cylinder, quiets down when it gets to operating temp. Runs and drives great.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Thread Information