Thread: SBF coil near plug conversion help

Default SBF coil near plug conversion help

I need some input from those that have converted a pushrod SBF (TFI foxbody in this case) to a Holley coil near plug.

I'm installing the holley terminator ecu and want to do a CNP conversion but am confused as to which kit/harness I need. It seems like I can get a holley dual sync distributor to use as a crank and cam trigger to fire the coils but the confusion is what harness/kit connects the distributor to the coils and I'd assume I'd need some sort of ignition box.

Has anyone successfully done this here?
    Last edited by avbcon12; 06-03-2023 at 09:52 AM.
    1990 GT

Holley got back to me and says I need these harnesses to work

558-307

556-128

Now, can anybody tell me which dual sync distributor I need for a 8.2 Dart block?
    1990 GT

You using LS coils or smart coils? Yes you need 2 ignition harnesses to switch to CNP. As far as the distributor goes you can buy a cam sync only module and a crank trigger kit.you don’t need a distributor you wired are
    going to come off the coils

I'll be using holley smart coils.

As far as holley has made it seem, I should be able to use the dual sync distributor (cam and crank sensors built in) and a blank cap (no rotor/plug wires) on top. Basically the same as an msd cam sensor plug. This would eliminate the need for a separate crank sensor.

The problem is, there seems to be about a half dozen dual sync options that appear to work (standard height/short etc).
    1990 GT

Holley tech just now suggested MSD 23773 distributor and 566-103 blank cap. Fyi
    Last edited by avbcon12; 06-06-2023 at 06:30 PM.
    1990 GT

Would there be a way to get the late model SBF cam sensor/synchronizer (that replaced the distributor) to adapt to your new system? Because that would be a hell of a lot cheaper than the $450 dizzy and $60 blank cap.

Either way, thats a cool setup.

I suppose it may be possible but I'd still have to figure out the crank sensor and the wiring, and whether or not the parameters of those sensors work with the holley terminator system.

This way seems to be more or less plug and play so I'll give it a go and see how it works out.

These parts plus the 12.3 dash replacing the stock gauges should not only make this car drive great and make power but feel like it's decades newer.
    1990 GT

Cool

Sounds like a very nice set up!

Thread Information