Thread: Are Chryslers the only cars stolen in Detroit?

Forum Member

Default Are Chryslers the only cars stolen in Detroit?

I've seen a couple reports of c8's and 6th gen Z's being taken in Texas. Not sure what the exploit was, but on the c8s they had onstar disconnected minutes after being taken. Hopefully this stuff stays in texas.

Every kind of car gets stolen. Chryslers are popular in the area, easy to steal and have big engines that are easy to sell so they get stolen and stripped to a shell a lot. Kias are easy to steal, but no one wants any parts so they are just beat on then ditched. Pickups and vans are popular with thieves too. Not a lot of "safe" cars...but I wouldnt buy a push button start Chrysler product.

Pretty much any modern vehicle with a push button start is equally easy to steal. Thieves are able to use an antenna to retrieve the frequency of the "key" and program their own and take the vehicle as if it's their own.
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

Yeah modern cars definitely have weaknesses. I saw another report of Toyota trucks being hacked through the headlight wiring. The thieves are peeling back the bumper cover to access the headlight/canbus wiring. They inject code from there and drive away

Thread Information