Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UAW Contract Expiration

Default UAW Contract Expiration

Predictions?
    (Expires tonight at 11:59PM)
    ****MATT*****

My prediction is all sides loose if this drags on longer than 3 or 4 weeks. People who are already check to check are going to get a financial hit with only strike pay, automakers will loose sale with no inventory and UAW leadership won't last another term unless they deliver a huge win (if workers get wrecked financially).

Higher ups at one particular company are trying to strong arm suppliers to come in and continue tooling installs while the strike is going on.

its gonna be great when a base model Explorer/Jeep/Equinox is $70K....
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

Forum Member

My rough math if the UAW gets what they're asking for is at least a couple grand price increase per vehicle. The 40% pay increase for working 80% of a week alone is going to cost over a grand per vehicle for GM. That doesn't even start to factor in all of the other demands like eliminating tiers, pensions, medical in retirement, more PTO, etc.

I think the UAW will win the battle. UAW, Big 3, and SE MI will lose the war. Big 3 will either cease to exist along with UAW jobs, or all UAW jobs will be automated or moved to Mexico. Meanwhile, SE MI slowly turns into Flint - abandoned and no company in their right mind would move here. Fain seems to be pretty short sighted. Asian & German auto are laughing. Tesla and Rivian are laughing. All collecting market share from the Big 3 while the UAW tries to suck the Big 3 dry and into the grave.

How come the news isnt actively discussing the nurse strike in Rochester?

they save lives.
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

I'm sorry .. 46 % raise... across the board .. pipe dream

I understand workers hired after 2007 are on a lower tier ... and would support raising them up to the same wage as the older workers...

I saw a report that GM has approx ..20% Ford 29 % & Stellantis has as much as 45 % of their worker force at the Lower tier in pay ...

they would gain much more support if they were pushing to get rid of the tier wage & benefit system
    Driven Crazy

If they UAW was the reason why the Big 4 minus 1 cars are so expensive, then all the Toyotas and Hondas and and and would be cheaper.

The way large companies have been fist fucking their employees, I expect more unions and not less.

Arrow

Ford, GM, Stellantis ALL on strike

Thread Information