Thread: Any motorcycle riders here?

Forum Member

I hate trying to find a middle ground with defending lane splitting then also having to agree that this was just down right stupid. I lane split when safe (my opinion of safe, not a karen taking her 7 kids to soccer opinion of safe) and there's countless things to analyze during a split. Then add excessive speed to it and it almost always goes bad. The GMC looks to have drifted over in his lane (maybe planning to change lanes) which closed the window to lane split. Had speeds been more reasonable he could've avoided impact. Still would've been a sphincter pucker moment. But he could've rode away instead of "ghost riding the whip".
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

I dont ride anymore but I did for a few years and I would never split. It isnt as much about calculations as it is luck. All it takes is one driver to drift or someone to make a 2-lane sweeping pass and it's all over for you as a rider. With that said, lane splitting makes sense in stopped traffic but at a 1st gear slow speed, not 30-50 mph above traffic flow.

Thread Information