Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: detroit needs subways

Detroit needs to be concerned about their appearance and cleanliness other than when a big media event comes to town (ex. Super Bowl)

Default subway

In all honesty, Coleman Young fucked the city out of that when the goverment was handing money out to the big cities back in the 70's...that really worked out for us

Banned

wow does no one click the link before posting

Default subway

Quote Originally Posted by 2low4u
    wow does no one click the link before posting
    Yes, one does click before posting, but one also would have liked to have public transportation, which this post remided me of. I'll contact you before I post again, ok?

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detroitfire23
    In all honesty, Coleman Young fucked the city out of that when the goverment was handing money out to the big cities back in the 70's...that really worked out for us
    I actually had to do a report on the lack of public transportation in Detroit back in college. And the Big 3 had more to do with the reason Detroit has none. They wanted to sell cars back then so they lobbied against a subway in Detroit. GM Used to sell Busses and the city would get them cheap. So that is all they had. Fast Forward to now and there are a lot more people on the roads and mass transit would be benefiting us. Instead we are got all of the traffic. Yeah!
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugger Z
    I actually had to do a report on the lack of public transportation in Detroit back in college. And the Big 3 had more to do with the reason Detroit has none. They wanted to sell cars back then so they lobbied against a subway in Detroit. GM Used to sell Busses and the city would get them cheap. So that is all they had. Fast Forward to now and there are a lot more people on the roads and mass transit would be benefiting us. Instead we are got all of the traffic. Yeah!
    I support public transportation. The finance company giveth, i taketh away
    Mike

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugger Z
    You ain't seen traffice till you've driven the I-495 I-275 Interchange in washington DC. Now thats some dammed traffic and FYI i would love to see someone drive thier car through the DC metro rail. That would be a badass shortcut to downtown.

Detroit doesn't need a subway.

We have the People Mover.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

all the people mover does is shuttle people who park in greek town to cobo and back, i know i've never gotten off at any other exits

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    You ain't seen traffice till you've driven the I-495 I-275 Interchange in washington DC. Now thats some dammed traffic and FYI i would love to see someone drive thier car through the DC metro rail. That would be a badass shortcut to downtown.
    Funny you mention that. I have been stuck in that on the way to visit the in-laws. We made the mistake of taking the major highways through there at rush hour. Sat for like 2 hours!!! Now we take some back roads to avoid 495.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

Thread Information