Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: My Car is on the DYNO right now. So far...

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by dpmcghee
    Well guys, I just pulled all eight sparkplugs and they are all fouled beyond belief - black as can be... I'm not sure why. Several of them were only finger tight as well.

Also, I changed the oil and decided to empty the oil in the catch-can which is connected to the driver side valve cover...guess what came out? Radiator fluid. Greeeeeeaaaaaatttttt.....

Its strange. There was zero radiator fluid in the pan. The oil was not milky at all. But there is definately a leak into the motor somewhere because the catch can was full of green fluid headgasket?

Dan
    Sounds like the plug issue is just needing to tweak the tune a bit. Plugs can and do work themselves loose. The more power you make the more the head will flex the more likely it is to have a plug get loose.

Been reading on cometics which is what I thought you said was in there. Very prone to weeping coolant. The other possiability is Intake manifold gasket or lack of headstud TQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    Been reading on cometics which is what I thought you said was in there. Very prone to weeping coolant. The other possiability is Intake manifold gasket or lack of headstud TQ.
    That's what I was gonna say. I would retorque the head studs.
    If I had money like Henry Ford, Lord I’d have me a woman on every road, But someday baby,You ain’t worry my life anymore

People say he's a nice, but they also said that about Ted Bundy

<----Jesus loves you, but I think you're a cunt

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk
    That's what I was gonna say. I would retorque the head studs.

Dan,
    did you use the correct ARP thread sealer for studs in the coolant passages?
    93 Mustang
    87 GN

Quote Originally Posted by robh
    Dan,
    did you use the correct ARP thread sealer for studs in the coolant passages?
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that stuff. It's gray and ARP makes it.
    If I had money like Henry Ford, Lord I’d have me a woman on every road, But someday baby,You ain’t worry my life anymore

People say he's a nice, but they also said that about Ted Bundy

<----Jesus loves you, but I think you're a cunt

GM coolant tabs work the best. They look like fiber pills . Drop all 6 in.
    Brian
    87 GN

Quote Originally Posted by dpmcghee
    Well guys, I just pulled all eight sparkplugs and they are all fouled beyond belief - black as can be... I'm not sure why. Several of them were only finger tight as well.

Also, I changed the oil and decided to empty the oil in the catch-can which is connected to the driver side valve cover...guess what came out? Radiator fluid. Greeeeeeaaaaaatttttt.....

Its strange. There was zero radiator fluid in the pan. The oil was not milky at all. But there is definately a leak into the motor somewhere because the catch can was full of green fluid headgasket?

Dan
    My oil catch can gets a little bit of water too but I don't know if it's from water condensing inside the reservoir or if it's getting in the bad way...I can't really tell the color because I run straight water + water-wetter and it barely has a tint if at all.

You might be fine...I emptied some water outta mine at the beginning of the season but haven't had any issues with the car making power or going down the track at all.
    '00 Camaro
    PBMF > *

Quote Originally Posted by TRBOBUICK
    Im not sure. Sean had the load cranked up on both of our cars. Important thing is the 02's are commanded for a safe a/f and thats what counts. Sean is going to help me with some track tuning.
    Thats cool, I just dont see the "TRACK TUNING" lasting that long without any type of safety equipment.

I had a coolant leak. It was coming from the back of the engine somewhere. I checked the oil and found nothing so I just used some bars leak and it sealed whatever was leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejuiced86
    Thats cool, I just dont see the "TRACK TUNING" lasting that long without any type of safety equipment.
    I have saftey eqipment. I have a helmet, long wheel studs, and good brakes. 12 inch rotors in front, 11 out back.
    Brian
    87 GN

Quote Originally Posted by TRBOBUICK
    I have saftey eqipment. I have a helmet, long wheel studs, and good brakes. 12 inch rotors in front, 11 out back.
    Sweet, glad to see the tracks have lightened up on their rules. I was worried I was going to have to spend more money this winter, lol.

Thread Information