Thread: For All The iPod Users

Default For All The iPod Users

I FINALLY found an FM transmitter that WORKS! In the Mustang, it wasn't really a priority since I had an RCA input hooked up that went straight to my amp from my iPod. I did, however, need something for the F-150. I really didn't want to look into an FM transmitter as I've heard and experienced how bad the signal is and how much of the music you miss that you want to hear.

After researching a lot of different methods, from Tape deck car kits, to the iCar kits. I came to the conclusion that the Tape deck route was old technology and poor quality and the iCar system is more then I wanted to spend(around $150) After ruling out those two options I came across the Belkin TunBase FM. (http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=257270) At first I was a little skeptical, because I knew the reputation of FM Transmitters--very crappy performance. That is, until I used it. I took a chance because I knew the Belkin name and how their products performed. It sends a pretty strong signal to cancel out even the most high frequency channels in the FM band. Plus it was in my price range, $69.99 at Costco with a house charger and extra USB cable ($79.99 on Belkin's website without the extras)

It works pretty simple and comes with an assortment of adapters to fit 5g iPod Videos all the way down to the 2g minis. If you have an iPod Video the Belkin TuneBase FM works directly through it and you can view what channel you're tuning to through the screen on your iPod.

I think it's a pretty cool device, being what it is. I like it and if works great for me.
    They call me "Blu"
    http://home.comcast.net/~joerichardson22/site/?/home/
    1992 Twilight Blue and Titanium Ford Mustang GT(Summer car)
    2002 Ford EscapeXLT V6
    2005 Suzuki GSX-750
    Founder: The Blue Stang Group. Group member #1 Our motto: It's broke

Thats awesome! I've got the black griffin which is okay, but patchy. I mainly use it as a power source and use a cassete adapter through the headphone jack.

then i just velcro all the shit up lol

Quote Originally Posted by JDogg
    I'll get in the car and be there by morning to serve you a breakfast of WTF
    Corvette, black '04 mn6
    hardbar/camshaft/intake/bullets/CCWs/tune

I know a few people that have the iTrip and that thing seems to do a pretty damn good job. Unfortunatly, I'm an asshole and bought a Creative Labs Zen which has about as many accesories as a Toyota Prius. If someone finds a non-iPod FM unit that works, let a brother (not Joe) know.

Had a belkin, sucked and didn't transmit anything very clearly. Been using iTrip since then and it works great.

Official Motown Events Director Hugger Z's Avatar

We have the Monster FM transmitter and it works really well. On a long trip we usually have to change fewquencies once in a while if there is a station broadcasting near the FM channel we are on. Other than that no complaints.
    http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=2084
    Last edited by Hugger Z; 11-07-2006 at 08:50 AM.
    My Toys: Hugger Orange 1999 Z28 6-Spd Twin Turbo
    1937 Chevy Pick Up Extended Cab (1 of 1)
    Future Toy: Orange Ultima GTR or SLC...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugger Z
    We have the Monster FM transmitter and it works really well. On a long trip we usually have to change fewquencies once in a while if there is a station broadcasting near the FM channel we are on. Other than that no complaints.
    http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=2084
    The Monster FM transmitter is the one I found works best as well. I've tried an Itrip and also a Belkin.
    Chris Frezza
    2017 Camaro SS Convertible | 2015 Cadillac CTS
    Listen to the The Camaro Show Podcast each week!

I used the iTrip and the Monster cable fm transmitter and hated both. I got really bad reception from them.

I bought a Peripheral iPod to car and LOVE IT. It wires to the back of the radio and uses one of the XM modes on the car radio. I get cd quality sound, charges, turns on and off with the car and I can use my steering wheel controls to control the iPod volume is controlled by the car radio as well. It took like 15 minutes to install. Well worth the $140.00

http://www.icarkits.com/product_info.php?products_id=40
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Got a USA spec one hardwired for my dad's Suburban and it's definately the way to go on a stock radio. Kept all Onstar and XM functioning too.

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mitz81
    Had a belkin, sucked and didn't transmit anything very clearly. Been using iTrip since then and it works great.
    Got my mom an Ipod for Christmas last year. She tried this method as well and it blew really bad.
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown's Darkest
    Thats awesome! I've got the black griffin which is okay, but patchy. I mainly use it as a power source and use a cassete adapter through the headphone jack.

then i just velcro all the shit up lol
    Lol, That's cool. Unfortunately I don't have a cassette player in my truck or car which is why I wouldn't be able to that method. At least it works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RBOD
    I know a few people that have the iTrip and that thing seems to do a pretty damn good job. Unfortunatly, I'm an asshole and bought a Creative Labs Zen which has about as many accesories as a Toyota Prius. If someone finds a non-iPod FM unit that works, let a brother (not Joe) know.

Quote Originally Posted by mitz81
    Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    Got my mom an Ipod for Christmas last year. She tried this method as well and it blew really bad.
    Depends on which one you got. If you get the one I'm talking about I'm pretty sure you'll be happy. There are budget devices and there are non-budget devices, this one comes somewhere in the middle, but works great. If you doubt it, i'll let you listen to it. It also depends on what station you have it on. Which this one, you can pick ANY station on the FM band.

Like I said earlier though, I'll let you listen to it if you doubt it's capability. Just let me know when. Also, i'm not speaking on Belkin FM modulators in general that work. I'm speaking on this one particular model that seems to work very well (For me at least)

Quote Originally Posted by loosenut
    I used the iTrip and the Monster cable fm transmitter and hated both. I got really bad reception from them.

I bought a Peripheral iPod to car and LOVE IT. It wires to the back of the radio and uses one of the XM modes on the car radio. I get cd quality sound, charges, turns on and off with the car and I can use my steering wheel controls to control the iPod volume is controlled by the car radio as well. It took like 15 minutes to install. Well worth the $140.00

http://www.icarkits.com/product_info.php?products_id=40
    I was gonna try something like that, but I didn't wanna bother with the Radio in the truck and didn't want to spend that much. If it was my car, then I probably would do it, but I already have my car hard wired for my iPod a different way and it works great.
    They call me "Blu"
    http://home.comcast.net/~joerichardson22/site/?/home/
    1992 Twilight Blue and Titanium Ford Mustang GT(Summer car)
    2002 Ford EscapeXLT V6
    2005 Suzuki GSX-750
    Founder: The Blue Stang Group. Group member #1 Our motto: It's broke

Thread Information