Thread: Mustang Suspension recommendations???

Default Mustang Suspension recommendations???

Ok so I'm in search of some extra ways to improve my 60'

I currently have KYB gas adjust shocks and struts and am looking at either 90/10s and 50/50 or the Strange 10 ways front and back?

Are 90/10s and 50/50s a good idea for the street?
    1990 GT 25th Anny
    2012 Grand Sport 100th Anny

I have driven with them on the street, it isn't that bad, obviously it is Drag Racing suspension so don't go into any corners too fast.lol

Question

x2.

My red car has 90/10 and 50/50s with FMS B-springs and no front sway bar and it works well on the street. I usually make it a point NOT too take on/off ramps too fast.

You get that blower on that bitch yet Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I have driven with them on the street, it isn't that bad, obviously it is Drag Racing suspension so don't go into any corners too fast.lol
    HI 5 Racing

Quote Originally Posted by sidewayscoupe View Post
    x2.

My red car has 90/10 and 50/50s with FMS B-springs and no front sway bar and it works well on the street. I usually make it a point NOT too take on/off ramps too fast.

You get that blower on that bitch yet Pete?
    Thanks for the feedback Dan. Putting the blower plans on hold right now. Want to see if I can get this bitch to 11s NA without any more engine mods, just working on suspension and a diet for her
    1990 GT 25th Anny

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ;976832
    Ok so I'm in search of some extra ways to improve my 60'

I currently have KYB gas adjust shocks and struts and am looking at either 90/10s and 50/50 or the Strange 10 ways front and back?

Are 90/10s and 50/50s a good idea for the street?
    For $20 more a piece on the struts why not go with the strange 10 ways? You have a full adjustability and would have no problems clicking it to your desired setting for whatever driving you plan on doing. I feel the same about the shocks, for the extra money go with the strange 10 ways. Get ahold of Team Z they will set you up real nice.

I run the Strange 10ways on my car and I really like them.

If I got my red slug into the 11's with my fat ass in it you shouldn't have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ;977674
    Thanks for the feedback Dan. Putting the blower plans on hold right now. Want to see if I can get this bitch to 11s NA without any more engine mods, just working on suspension and a diet for her
    HI 5 Racing

Quote Originally Posted by sidewayscoupe View Post
    If I got my red slug into the 11's with my fat ass in it you shouldn't have a problem.
    Yeah even with your fat ass in your notch it's still probably lighter than my FAT GT with the AOD without me in it

Oh and don't forget you got 22ci's on my shit I have everything working against me here
    1990 GT 25th Anny

Default my two cents

strange 10 ways, are the best, if your thinking diet,& 60ft, tubular crossmember & control arms, sub conectors, adjustable pinion support, adjustable upper & lower rear control arms,with this i set the shocks at 50/50 rear 30/70 front. the street ride was very good, went 11, 0 . stock bottom end 302 {89 roller} 67 289 small chamber heads, with 1/94 i 1/60 e , 850 holley victor intake, 100 shot nos 4.30 gear, mt street28 in tall, that my two cents,.. the parts man

Thread Information