Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fitting 10" Tire

Here's it at ride height. Looks like it time for the BFH!

Another proud member of Dang-o Racing!!

Make sure you are hitting on the bracing behind the sheetmetal.. not just the sheetmetal. When you start to see the trunk floor buckle form the inside you are getting there. All the seam sealer (Calk) will start to come off where the wheelwell meets the trunk floorpan. Dont be shy with the hammer... it doesnt look pretty but when its mini tubbed in the future it all gets cut out anyways!! Theres not much you can do with the spring area but it shouldnt be anywhere near it when at ride height.

I have 28 10.5's with a 6.5 BS on my car & I have at lease 3/4" between the wheel & wheelwell when at ride height. When the car is jacked up & the rear hanging there it hits the spring area pretty bad.

Just dont be shy with that BFH!! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by FX331 View Post
    Make sure you are hitting on the bracing behind the sheetmetal.. not just the sheetmetal. When you start to see the trunk floor buckle form the inside you are getting there. All the seam sealer (Calk) will start to come off where the wheelwell meets the trunk floorpan. Dont be shy with the hammer... it doesnt look pretty but when its mini tubbed in the future it all gets cut out anyways!! Theres not much you can do with the spring area but it shouldnt be anywhere near it when at ride height.

I have 28 10.5's with a 6.5 BS on my car & I have at lease 3/4" between the wheel & wheelwell when at ride height. When the car is jacked up & the rear hanging there it hits the spring area pretty bad.

Just dont be shy with that BFH!! Good luck!

Thanks!
    Another proud member of Dang-o Racing!!

Thread Information