Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fitting 10" Tire

set the car down, it looks like its just hangin there... that spring area should actually be near the rim area. and the tire should be over that part... lower the car some and it will fit better..
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

And use a mini sledge...you'll be suprised how far you can move everything with a couple good hits!

Quote Originally Posted by johnquick302 View Post
    set the car down, it looks like its just hangin there... that spring area should actually be near the rim area. and the tire should be over that part... lower the car some and it will fit better..

i used a real sledge. you can also heat it up with a torch and push it over also...
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

So if I'm reading this right a 10" rim with 6.5 b.s. will fit? Do you have to roll the lips to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.M. View Post
    So if I'm reading this right a 10" rim with 6.5 b.s. will fit? Do you have to roll the lips to do this?
    yeah it fits. you will have to roll the lips in most cases. i have seen some where yu didnt have too but the ride height was wierd... i have also seen a 28x10.5w tire go in a stock wheel well opening too. so you can make shit work just need a big fucking hammer
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

Well its been hammered for sure but no wheel lip rolling. It just might be somthing I need to do in time. 8" rim with a 28 Et street is not getting good enough 60ds.(1.49-1.5x) Plus if we find the missing HP and it make more MPH I not sure I want to go over 140 on a 8" rim. hehe I'm still learning the car but could never leave over 10lbs of boost off the brake. I'll see what happens next year. I still have a lot to learn with the new combo.

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.M. View Post
    Well its been hammered for sure but no wheel lip rolling. It just might be somthing I need to do in time. 8" rim with a 28 Et street is not getting good enough 60ds.(1.49-1.5x) Plus if we find the missing HP and it make more MPH I not sure I want to go over 140 on a 8" rim. hehe I'm still learning the car but could never leave over 10lbs of boost off the brake. I'll see what happens next year. I still have a lot to learn with the new combo.
    we ran 93 blowers car with a 28x9 last year and had good luck with it. it would hang the tires high on the street, by the end of the year though at ubly they were on the way out and were not working all that great. but it went like 1.5s or something like that.
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

Kewl thanks for the help. Maybe I'll try a new set of ET's 1st sence mine are 3years old. DOH

Ahhhhhhhh, the "Other" 1993 Electric Currant Red (EG ) Notch....

Quote Originally Posted by johnquick302 View Post
    we ran 93 blowers car with a 28x9 last year and had good luck with it. it would hang the tires high on the street, by the end of the year though at ubly they were on the way out and were not working all that great. but it went like 1.5s or something like that.

Cool thanks guys, I'll let you know what I find.
    Another proud member of Dang-o Racing!!

Thread Information