Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 91 notch tips welcomed!

Default 91 notch tips welcomed!

i'm looking for some tips for a 91 notch i'm playing with. current set-up is frpp upper/lower rear arms, frpp drag,air-bag spring kit. frpp front lower arms. lakewood 50/50 rears, 70/30 front, upr torque box kit upper/lower. any set-up suggestions would be appreciated. my last ride was a 65 max wedge dodge years ago (read-detroit dragway), so i'm a little new to the fords. not lookin to run 10's but have some fun this summer and maybe a 347 for next year. tire/wheel combo's too. 15x8 welds with 5.5 bs seem to be the ticket but what tire/size fits these cars best? who better to ask than the motown crowd who invented racing! thanks.jim.
    Last edited by hangemhigh; 01-15-2008 at 09:54 PM.

house project, car project, kid project etc.

my tip would be to break up your sentences so your posts are easier to read.
    God Bless our Troops

That's how I roll.

oops. didn't realize i was doing that. oh well, a tips a tip. GO PACK!

house project, car project, kid project etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hangemhigh View Post
    oops. didn't realize i was doing that. oh well, a tips a tip. GO PACK!
    I'm just giving you a hard time

good luck with the car
    God Bless our Troops

That's how I roll.

cool. i figured with a name like 91notch you had to be o.k. so whadaya think, does my avatar help my street credits?

What are you going to use the car for? Street with a little strip? Stick or auto? Are you going to run drag radials, street tires or slicks?

I'D SAY STREET WITH A LITTLE STRIP. IT'S NOT MY DAILY DRIVER SO I CAN RUN A LITTLE ON THE RACIER SIDE. IT'S ALSO A 5-SPEED. THE PLAN IS KEEP THE MOTOR STOCK FOR NOW, TIGHTEN UP THE SUSPENSION AND CHASSIS FIRST. A STREET TIRE WITH DECENT TRACTION WOULD BE MY BEST OPTION I THINK. DID I MENTION MY 18-YEAR OLD SON WILL BE SHOEING IT ALSO.LOL. THANKS.

I would weld up all the seems in the lower torque boxes, I blew mine out BAD. For a street/strip car, it sounds quite similar to mine.
    UPR uppers/lowers and Lakewood 50/50's outback, with 4 cylinder springs. "for now" I have 70/30's up front, with 15x8's with a 4.5 backspacing, and skinnies up front. That set up has worked great in my 92 notch. Don't forget subframe connectors, they are a must. Once I made mine, it felt like a different car. I'd also toss in some 3.73 gears.

BTW, I have 26 x 10 Hoosiers on my car. Can also give ya some tips on the 347 too, had a pretty nice one in my 95 Cobra.
    Last edited by mystang; 01-16-2008 at 09:36 AM.

thanks for the replies. did you have the torque box kit on yours? i installed mine last weekend, and just the pressure when drilling was flexing inside the car. not a lot, but noticeable. i've also got a 4:10 gear set with frpp carbon clutches ready to be installed. basically i'm trying to avoid wasting money with set-ups that don't fit or work correctly. i'm going to pick up a set of welds for it and i just need to be sure on the backspacing. do the 4.5 bs give decent clearance? what do you guys think of a 275-50-15 bfg drag radial. will the fit be good? this car is too clean to hammer the wheelhouse or roll the lips. thanks. jim.

Thread Information