Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 275/60/15 DR wheel width

You guys are hard core!!! I can't wait for spring!

Forum Member

NVR2FST, you for got to tell them to use a digital 7 box to set up a timing curve for the launch, pull some timing and it kills alot of the torque and lets the car get up on the tire and then you can ramp the timing back in. Yes it work great and it a good band aid for using a DR. Also tire prep. on a DR is very important.

PAUL WILEY

I'm going with the good old 6al - that's all I need!! I don't think I'm going to run the Digital again unless I have to...first I need a cam!

Quote Originally Posted by PAUL WILEY View Post
    NVR2FST, you for got to tell them to use a digital 7 box to set up a timing curve for the launch, pull some timing and it kills alot of the torque and lets the car get up on the tire and then you can ramp the timing back in. Yes it work great and it a good band aid for using a DR. Also tire prep. on a DR is very important.

PAUL WILEY

Here is a 275/60/15 Drag radial at work.
    Leaving around 4600 RPMs, proshifted T5, 18 pounds in the tires. 15X10 American Racing Trakstar wheels. Car weighed 3150 with me in it. Nothing fancy here promise.

These 2 guys above (NVR2FST & Paul Wiley) should be able to help you they helped me out a lot. Now just think if I would have actually taken the time to test and didn't use qualifying passes as test passes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by RSWANNABE View Post
    Here is a 275/60/15 Drag radial at work.
    Leaving around 4600 RPMs, proshifted T5, 18 pounds in the tires. 15X10 American Racing Trakstar wheels. Car weighed 3150 with me in it. Nothing fancy here promise.

These 2 guys above (NVR2FST & Paul Wiley) should be able to help you they helped me out a lot. Now just think if I would have actually taken the time to test and didn't use qualifying passes as test passes.
    That picture just sold me on a 10" wheel.
    93 Mustang
    87 GN

When I bought them I figured I'll only run a Drag Radial for a short time and then switch to slicks so I wanted the wider rim. That was the thought behind my decision. Everyone else said get an 8" or at max a 9", but I know a few others that ran a 10" wheel with a 275/50/15 and it worked really well, it is actually has a wider foot print than the 275/60/15.

RS- what backspacing are you running on the 10" rim?

His axle has been narrowed, so there's not much offset... 6.25-6.5 works on a stock axle.

Quote Originally Posted by SVTSINR View Post
    Thanks Guys for the input. Just to answer some questions.

I haven't weighed the car yet but I guess with the c4, turbo kit and cage it's close to 3600 lbs with me in it. There's a car that is similiar to mine that weighs 3500 with no driver. So it's a heavy pig.

I already run a 10" wheel with my MT 26x10's slicks. I have a set of 275/60 BFG DR on my GN that I need to rotate out so I thought I would pick up a set of wheels and burn them off this summer. The car has 3.55's and with the c-4 I thought the 275/60 would lower the cruising RPM.

I'll see if someone has some back to back comparisons.
    How much does a turbo kit weigh? I just can't figure out why some peoples cars are so heavy..

Quote Originally Posted by hangemhigh View Post
    RS- what backspacing are you running on the 10" rim?
    My wheels are a 15X10 with a 5" backspace.
    That is the largest backspace that American Racing offered for the rims, so I narrowed the rear end as stated above to fit the wheels under the car.

Thread Information