Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pros and cons of minitubbing??

Default Pros and cons of minitubbing??

Thinking of just minitubbing the stang now while its apart before i paint it instead of using a bfh and all that jazz. Still has the 7.5 in it so i can have the rear shortened before i install it. Any suggestions or reasons not to minitub? It will be mostly a street car but will see occassional track rentals and what not. I just want to be able to run some steamrollers!!!
    Democratic motto: If at first you don't succeed, lie, lie again.

"Just like any great empire or nation throughout the history of humanity... it only takes one man with a herd of followers willing to abandon all logic in order to destroy it."

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have” - Ford

Club Member

Pro-s more tire and better rim backspacing. Cons are cost.

Pros - Big tire , Cons -If you don't have the motor to need the tires your a poser and lots of guys run real fast without the tub

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

I did mine ony to use a big tire.. Turbo + 4 speed is a nasty combo to get to hook on the street..

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by igotaneed4speed View Post
    I did mine ony to use a big tire.. Turbo + 4 speed is a nasty combo to get to hook on the street..

thats what i'm thinking, some 325 dr's would look sick and hook on the street. I plan on either a nitroused 357 again or maybe a blowthru sc setup on a 306.
    Democratic motto: If at first you don't succeed, lie, lie again.

"Just like any great empire or nation throughout the history of humanity... it only takes one man with a herd of followers willing to abandon all logic in order to destroy it."

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have” - Ford

Pros - big tire

Cons - no back seat, most likely irreversible, being beat by a non mini tubbed car with people in the back seat, resale value.
    93 Mustang
    87 GN

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

Quote Originally Posted by SVTSINR View Post
    Pros - big tire

Cons - no back seat, most likely irreversible, being beat by a non mini tubbed car with people in the back seat, resale value.

Why can't you run a back seat? If its a small tub and you don't slam the rear of the car you should be able to doa lil re-working to the seat backs and still utalize a back seat.

I hope anyways..

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by igotaneed4speed View Post
    Why can't you run a back seat? If its a small tub and you don't slam the rear of the car you should be able to doa lil re-working to the seat backs and still utalize a back seat.

I hope anyways..
    You could on a hatch back but you will have to make new seat backs. There's a good build on turbomustangs of a 93 cobra doing just that.

Another con for a HB would be cutting your interior panels to fit the tub. I think it looks like poop.

Most people make seat deletes or cover the whole area with carpet.
    93 Mustang
    87 GN

I'd only do it with a track car, unless you do alot of street racing too.

Pros I think it looks hot as hell. Cons no back seat or trunk space!

Tom

Thread Information