Thread: Mini tubbing a 93 Mustang hatch need advice

Default Mini tubbing a 93 Mustang hatch need advice

I am in the process of mini tubbing my 1993 Mustang hatch and need some advise on how much to narrow my rear-end on each side as well as what backspacing wheels to use. I will be running a 28x10.5 slick as well as drag radials I like for my car to sit low as well. If any one has any pictures of their mini tubbed mustang feel free to email me pics as well as rear end info and wheel back spacing to leeperenterprises@yahoo.com

Thanks, Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gnbmotorsport View Post
    I am in the process of mini tubbing my 1993 Mustang hatch and need some advise on how much to narrow my rear-end on each side as well as what backspacing wheels to use. I will be running a 28x10.5 slick as well as drag radials I like for my car to sit low as well. If any one has any pictures of their mini tubbed mustang feel free to email me pics as well as rear end info and wheel back spacing to leeperenterprises@yahoo.com

Thanks, Greg

I believe mine is narrowed 2.5 inches, and it appears to be as narrow as it can go to still use the stock suspension. My housing came already narrowed and with the 9" ends on it from Team Z. I run two sets of wheels, a 15x10 with a 4.5" backspacing and a 15x12 with a 6.5" backspacing. I use the Skinny Kid offset lowers, which I think are the Wolfe ones. With a 28x10.5w tire on it, both wheels require a small spacer to keep the tire from rubbing the control arm.
    11 Mustang GT (street car)
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Club Sponsor

2'' per side is kind of a sweet spot for wheel and tire combos, altho you can go 2 1/2 per side without too many problems, if you look at my web site under thech and instructional down loads you will see exactly how to install one of our mini tub kits!

We also sell everything you need to do the job, housing ends, offset lowers, shocks & springs, axels!
    Last edited by Team Z Motorsports; 02-27-2008 at 11:49 AM.
    "You didn't Build it" LMFAO isn't that what Oboma said too?

Thread Information