Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell phone broke, need to extract data off of it

Club Sponsor-ItsAllAboutTheSnuggie ItsAllAboutTheT&A's Avatar

Default Cell phone broke, need to extract data off of it

I have a Galaxy Note 2 and I friggin smashed the screen yesterday. New one is in the mail and should be here today according to tracking. The old phone still powers up and works, just there is no screen. The display is totaled. I really would love to transfer all text messages, apps, pictures, videos and S note's I have saved. I know the Sprint store can transfer contacts and photos, but is there any way possible to extract the other stuff and put it on my new phone? I have not been to the store yet to ask, but biased on what people online have said, theres really no way, unless I backed it up beforehand (I didn't). I find this hard to believe. If I murdered someone and there was reason to believe there was valuable information in my phone for the court system, they could extract every single bit of data off of my phone. So, the technology is there, but how do I convince the Sprint store to use it? I wonder if I could get them to swap the screen on my new phone to the old one, then port everything over to a computer from there? I'm a bit worried, because I have about a million nude photos of chicks on there. LOL.

Oh..and I tried to hook the phone to my computer, but the computer will not access it unless I unlock the password on the phone…I can't do that with a dead screen. Damnit anyways.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Download Samsung kies to a pc and it will ask you if you wanna backup your data when you plugin the data cable. Thats how I backup my s3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Could use ADB to backup your phone, but that requires skills lol
    '16 Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Could use ADB to backup your phone, but that requires skills lol
    You seem to have the brains on that end, Tin…I just have the brawn to break the damn thing. I'm live chatting with Samsung right now and they don't have a clue what to say to me. I keep asking questions that they don't know how to answer. Hahaha

I'm actually thinking of just taking both phones apart and literally swapping all the hardware.

Yep. Fuck Sprint. Fuck Samsung. Everyone told me there's no way to extract data and I'm pretty much screwed. I asked if doing a motherboard switch a roo would work. They said no, because texts are stored elsewhere. I asked where…they said on the phones memory. Dumb fucks. I just yanked the motherboard out of my old phone. Took 5 minutes. Now I'm just waiting for the fed ex guy to get here with my new phone and the transplant will be complete. I am however worried about 2 things…One, some people say if you swap motherboards, the new device may not read it correctly. Second, since I have to send my old phone back to the warranty company, are they going to fuck me if they see the serial numbers on the motherboard don't match up to the phone?

Just plug it into iTunes, it will take care of the rest. Oh, wait. Sorry.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Cant you just get a replacement screen? Fix it, get your data and then return the new one or sell the used one?
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    Just plug it into iTunes, it will take care of the rest. Oh, wait. Sorry.
    I'd shoot myself before using itunes.. Tons of ways to sync/backup android phones, you just have to be proactive (same as using itunes). Your phone have an hdmi port where u can connect to a tv?

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllAboutTheT&A View Post
    Second, since I have to send my old phone back to the warranty company, are they going to fuck me if they see the serial numbers on the motherboard don't match up to the phone?
    Yep! Have fun with that one
    '16 Fiesta ST

Thread Information