Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what suspension should i go with for my 89 lx

NOS is like a hot girl with STDS. You know you wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences!

Default what suspension should i go with for my 89 lx

I just recently bought an 89 lx mustang and i've heard about the eibach pro kit with the airbag and everything.. just woundering how well it'd help my car hook at the track with a 4.10 gear and about 375hp.. thanks for any help

I'd go with some adj. upper control arms, new lowers, and some Strange adj. shocks/ struts.

******** BEST SHIT OUT THERE FOR STOCK SUSPENSION!!
    Last edited by 91trunk; 04-21-2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor direct link
    Automatics win races, 6-speeds impress high school kids
    98% of fords are still on the road, the other 2% made it home or are chevy powered!

Club Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dkbykesdk View Post
    www.wolferacecraft.com BEST SHIT OUT THERE FOR STOCK SUSPENSION!!

Really, WHY???
    "You didn't Build it" LMFAO isn't that what Oboma said too?

www.wolferacecraft.com BEST SHIT OUT THERE FOR STOCK SUSPENSION!!

I have the same question as TEAM Z MOTORSPORTS here. Don't get me wrong, the Wolfe stuff is good, but to refer to it as the "BEST SHIT OUT THERE FOR STOCK SUSPENSION!!"???? Take a look around at the major players in stock-type aftermarket suspension components. They are all very similar with minor variations. The relocation system that Team Z offers is quite unique and very intelligent, but does that make it the best stuff out there? It may or may not be. The only way to make such a statement and have any substantial backing is to support it with some sort of statistical data. To do this would be nearly impossible due to all the possible variations from one chassis to another, as well as power levels, track conditions, etc, etc. Now if you are talking about quality, the same type of support data would be necessary here as well, but in the form of bench and field testing. This would require ultimate testing, fatigue testing, section and etching of the welds, material certifications, etc., etc. To strain-gage a vehicle or several for that matter in an effort to gather the data necessary for generating a reasonable representative bench test would be very costly and likely unreasonable for most if not all of the companies manufacturing these aftermarket control arms.

So will all that being said your comment of "BEST SHIT OUT THERE FOR STOCK SUSPENSION!!", has no structure or basis to be considered relavent. Well, that, and its probably somewhat offensive to one of the sponsors of this site.
    Steve

QuickLX.com

Special Thanks to:
    Competition Components (Scott Brown)
    Hutch's Transmission Service (Hutch)
    Monson Racing (Jim Monson)
    Work Turbochargers (Reed Patridge)

Club Sponsor

Well I just want to know why?
    Most stock suspension is the same,(most not ours) the only differance is material choice and price, the cheaper stuff out there is made in china and has been known to fail and have manufacturing inconsistancies!

As far as ONE being the best out there I ask why, We use the same materials, same hiems, same welding technique, When people used to ask me the differance I used to tell them ours is $100 cheaper and powder coated, but now they droped their price and started powder coating, the only reason I can figure is they needed to keep up! but were stil $50 cheaper!

But that should tell you something! If someone is lowering prices while the cost of materials had doubled in the last two years then they have been overcharging for the last 10 years!

What new stuff have they came out with in the last 5 years, what changes have they made to their existing parts in the last 5 years, what have they done to improve the way stock suspension cars work?

By no means am I ranting! I'm proud of the fact I don't sell the same old shit at inflated prices, and that when we see an area to improve, we do! We learn a hell of allot building 20 cars a year, and tuning many more!

5.0 pony Good luck with who ever you choose!

Forum Member

TeamZmotorsports is best with no doubt. I have seen all the other products on the market, so its not like I'm just some keyboard jockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Z Motorsports View Post
    Really, WHY???

proven times,

people are going in the 7`s on stock suspension in 3345 lb cars......

not saying it cant be done with other companies...... im here to learn

i am impressed by the team z stuff also. didnt know they existed to a couple days ago.
    Automatics win races, 6-speeds impress high school kids
    98% of fords are still on the road, the other 2% made it home or are chevy powered!

Club Sponsor

proven times,

people are going in the 7`s on stock suspension in 3345 lb cars......

not saying it cant be done with other companies...... im here to learn

i am impressed by the team z stuff also. didnt know they existed to a couple days ago.
    I'm not trying to talk down to you or be a dick or smart ass, But what really is the measure of suspension is how fast the car runs to the 330' not the ET or MPH. Et wins races MPH shows power, good 330's show the car/suspension is working, 60' will tell allot also!

And yes we do exist we have been in business for 6 years We fly under the radar...LOL

I know when I get some more cash to start on my next car I will be going to Team Z!!!!

Thread Information