Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know about air suspensions?

try testing the relay. unplug it, if there is no wiring diagram on the side take 2 jumper wires attatch one to a hot source and the other to a ground then take the relay and put the hot on one of the prongs touch the ground to the other prongs one at a time until you hear it click( if you get no click move the hot over one prong until you've tried them all if still nothing its bad) remember those two prongs those are the trigger prongs, get your trusty ohm meter out and test the resistance between the other posts. if there are two posts left over you should get no reading on the meter with no power to the relay and a zero or very low reading with power anything else and its bad , if there are three posts left over its a little harder to explain. the easiest way i can think of is to number them, so lets call the trigger posts "post 1" and "post 2" the others will be 3,4, and 5 you should get zero resistance between 3 and 4 and no reading between 4 and 5 with no power, when you put power to the relay it should reverse no reading between 3 and 4 and zero between 4 and 5. I hope this helps and doesnt confuse you to bad, I think it would be a four post relay so it shouldnt be too bad to test.

Forum Member

The air suspension relay is the same as the abs relay on these cars if you wan to swap them around to test it out.

Thread Information