Page 136 of 240 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2399

Thread: Random Snap Shot Thread

I just picked up a new camera tonight, Im pretty pumped to learn how to use it. I have no clue what I am doing, but it came with a video, lol.

Last edited by 347convert; 05-14-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
    Grats on your new setup. If the lens was around $100 it's not the "nifty".

Canon 50mm lineup.
    50mm f/1.8 - Thrifty 50 - $100
    50mm f/1.4 - Nifty 50 - $400
    50mm f/1.2 - Richie 50 - $1,400
    You're right. It is the Thrifty. My mom bought herself a Nifty and gave me her old Thrifty. I do like the lens a lot and eventually will probably step up myself once I learn some more about shooting with it.

Anybody have an links to tutorials on cleaning up photos in PS or Lightroom? Other than doing Levels -> Auto and playing with the sliders in a few other menus I have very little idea what I'm doing.

Figure out what you would like to do (sharpen, border, etc) and search for a tutorial on YouTube...TONS of information and walkthroughs on YouTube (that's where I learned a lot of things).

One tip - shoot in RAW format...it keeps ALL of the information so you can change a lot more when it's processing time...things like fill light (lighten up the dark areas), recover (tone down the over-exposed areas), exposure, temperature (warm or cool), etc.
    Tyler
    2003 WW Evolution 8

Lightroom is my favorite editing tool. Dont get too hung up on PS if you aren't going to do any major editing. Also, some shots just dont need editing so dont get too hung up on that either. A good picture is just that sometimes, a good picture. Not that I have any of those, that's just what I'm told.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/matttrombley/
    Founder MM Cult
    2002 Summit White ZR2
    2013 Summit White Silverado Z71

I found this birdhouse at the Toledo Zoo. It reminded me of an old barn.

Matt

2005 Corvette Z51

Quote Originally Posted by AutoEuphoria View Post
    Figure out what you would like to do (sharpen, border, etc) and search for a tutorial on YouTube...TONS of information and walkthroughs on YouTube (that's where I learned a lot of things).

One tip - shoot in RAW format...it keeps ALL of the information so you can change a lot more when it's processing time...things like fill light (lighten up the dark areas), recover (tone down the over-exposed areas), exposure, temperature (warm or cool), etc.
    I never even though to use youtube for a tutorial. I know that my camera will save things in a RAW format also. The only thing I think is going to save me is I have a button that is a "?" and you dont understand what you are looking at, you just hold down the "?" button and it will explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
    Lightroom is my favorite editing tool. Dont get too hung up on PS if you aren't going to do any major editing. Also, some shots just dont need editing so dont get too hung up on that either. A good picture is just that sometimes, a good picture. Not that I have any of those, that's just what I'm told.

I know im really good at taking 10 pictures of the same thing with different settings, lol. I might get a decent one then, but nothing good yet, lol.

How do I shift the focus to cover the entire emblem? just not take it on an angle? get a shorter lens? Or is that just the way it is?

Last edited by 347convert; 05-14-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Are you asking how to make the emblem all in focus? If so, use your aperture and make it smaller...er bigger. Say if you're shooting at 4.0 aperture, turn it up to 6.0 or 7.0 until your emblem is fully in focus. You might not need that much, just an example.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/matttrombley/
    Founder MM Cult
    2002 Summit White ZR2
    2013 Summit White Silverado Z71

yup yup. i usually shoot at F/9 or F/10 if i want everything in focus.

Thread Information