Founder MM Cult
    2002 Summit White ZR2
    2013 Summit White Silverado Z71

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matttrombley/
    Founder MM Cult
    2002 Summit White ZR2

Forum Member

I really like the one in post 191. Fake sky?

Since there a large number of people interested in Photography... Any interested in a monthly/bi-monthly rotating photo challenge?

Something along the format of running for X weeks, then we vote on submissions, winner picks the next topic for the next X weeks, so on and so forth.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustANeon View Post

It is a real sweet photo dirty! Did you burn in the clouds a little bit? I usually try to use the burn tool on clouds in photos, it makes them look better and taht sky looks great...hahaha

Some awesome shots in here.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by little2v View Post
    Since there a large number of people interested in Photography... Any interested in a monthly/bi-monthly rotating photo challenge?

Something along the format of running for X weeks, then we vote on submissions, winner picks the next topic for the next X weeks, so on and so forth.
    Sounds good to me, I get busy at times from school so I can't always compete in a weekly thing, but I should be able to get in for a bi-weekly or monthly "assignment." Bi-monthly seems a bit long though.

Another thing I've noticed from a few other forums is that these generally work better with topics that are quite broad and open to many interpretations.

No, it's real sky....see below
    Quote Originally Posted by little2v View Post

For sure!! It would surely help each of us....well at least me with new styles/edits/etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbacarella View Post
    It is a real sweet photo dirty! Did you burn in the clouds a little bit? I usually try to use the burn tool on clouds in photos, it makes them look better and taht sky looks great...hahaha
    My favorite edits in Photoshop are shadow/highlight and cntrl L (levels). Those and sometimes cntrl/shift B which 'fixes' the background. The first two are really what makes my picstures 'good' if you will. I am learning more all the time sometimes accidently, like the 'background' function.
    A few tips, NEVER delete the originals or save over them. I've gone back through mine (as you can see here with the last bunch) and re-edited. I love this photography stuff.

If you guys want I can post pictures from the weddings I'm starting to shot. I shot my first last Saturday and doing another one this Saturday. I'm learning/training right now but for a different aspect for you guys?.
    Founder MM Cult
    2002 Summit White ZR2

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cbacarella View Post
    Need to learn to use curves adjustments and layer masks, they work far better.

Need to learn to use curves adjustments and layer masks, they work far better.
    I'm not there yet at all but would LOVE to learn that!! Everytime I get something new to learn I am jumping all over opportunities to try them out. Check your pm's, we need to get some people together and go shooting.
    Founder MM Cult
    2002 Summit White ZR2

Thread Information