Page 227 of 240 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2399

Thread: Random Snap Shot Thread

Club Member

Great stuff. That Dodge Ram doesn't look too bad for how old it is.

It doesn't look great, lol...! My dad bought an '09 RAM brand new and it had rust all over it. Haha. But yes, considering the age and location, not too shabby. Especially for a HS kid - or I would assume with the Brother Rice sticker.

I need to go back and try these ones again.

I'd like to do some B&W shots of the Elevator. My goal was to make a few prints, frame them and try to sell them. But frankly I'm not so sure about the color shots.

Actually I screwed up not buying a Yashica Mat 124G that was on CL recently. I need something that shoots bigger film to shoot the local 'landmarks.'
    Last edited by lucky7; 01-28-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    It doesn't look great, lol...! My dad bought an '09 RAM brand new and it had rust all over it. Haha. But yes, considering the age and location, not too shabby. Especially for a HS kid - or I would assume with the Brother Rice sticker.

I need to go back and try these ones again.

I'd like to do some B&W shots of the Elevator. My goal was to make a few prints, frame them and try to sell them. But frankly I'm not so sure about the color shots.

Actually I screwed up not buying a Yashica Mat 124G that was on CL recently. I need something that shoots bigger film to shoot the local 'landmarks.'
    I think this elevator is a challenge. You either have to find a way to capitalize on the fact that is an anachronism and totally out of place, or shrink the shot down to focus on just the elevator, and find historic details.

Yes, there's certainly other ways of looking at things. I should start by doing a little more research on the place itself, lol. The location is also a challenge - the street signs and pole/wires on the left, then the lights on the right you can see in the first image. Maybe a portrait shot would work better, trying to exclude that white van that is always there. Then again detail shots as you mentioned may be a better approach. I'll try to get out there again soon to try again. It might be nice at night with snow and in B&W. I'll have to go back and walk around the building a bit. I also need to do the same at Yates.

Who knows, it's probably never going to manifest. It would be nice to fund my hobby via my hobby though, lol.

Years ago I worked with a guy from India. We were driving on I94 near Chelsea and he saw horses wearing blankets. I’ve never seen someone laugh so hard and have pure joy about something like that. Nice pictures.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Lol, that's funny. Thanks.

Thread Information