My brother's Jeep
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/matttrombley/
    Founder MM Cult
    2002 Summit White ZR2
    2013 Summit White Silverado Z71

Forum Member

ventshades on the doors? lol

some of my favs ...... im in the harrington jersey

ok ok need help as I am so close to purchase should I get the Canon 20d for $300 (might have to wait till July to buy) w/stock lense or a Canon XS for $400 w/stock lense (Can get Friday)? Wtf is the difference except mp

help Dirty/Cbacarella!!!
    www.facebook.com/PaysoProductions Like US!!
    You Have Never Seen Racing Like This...
    Thanks to my sponsors
    TeamZ Motorsports
    Varsity Ford
    Fullthrottlespeed
    Motown Muscle
    Diamond Pistons
    Diamond Fabrication

Quote Originally Posted by JustANeon View Post
    ventshades on the doors? lol
    Yeah, it rains and the windows need to still go down some. :p
    Quote Originally Posted by greenprix View Post
    ok ok need help as I am so close to purchase should I get the Canon 20d for $300 (might have to wait till July to buy) w/stock lense or a Canon XS for $400 w/stock lense (Can get Friday)? Wtf is the difference except mp

help Dirty/Cbacarella!!!
    If Chris doesnt answer this by tomorrow or someone else I will. I'm going to sleep.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/matttrombley/
    Founder MM Cult
    2002 Summit White ZR2
    2013 Summit White Silverado Z71

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by greenprix View Post

help Dirty/Cbacarella!!!

This is very much a decision based on what you will be using the camera for. When it comes to MP they arnt that huge of a concern unless you will be printing large pictures off. MP with smaller compact cameras are a bit more useful i guess than MP with a DSLR camera due to the WAY LARGER sensor size on a DSLR. So the MP difference between the 20D and the XS should not be a concern.

The second thing i would take into consideration is the cameras functions. Both cameras will suit im guessing your needs very well so you should be fine there.

The XXD(20D, 30D, 40D,exc) bodies from canon are considered the 'step-up' from the Rebal line of bodies canon produces. Although, the Rebal lineup, exspecially now with its newest T1i is AMAZING as well.

When it all comes down to it here is going to be your main concerns with the cameras. The XS has a larger LCD on the back than the 20D does. IMO, the 20D along with all the other XXD bodies have a scroll dial on the back of the body next to the LCD instead of the little buttons. I find it easyer to use and faster as well. Again, just my opinion. Also, the 20D is going to feel heavyer and is larger than the XS. The XS is much smaller in your hands and its weight is lots less than the 20D.

Some people with smaller hands like the feel of the XS, some people with larger hands like the XS too. IMO again, the 20D feels more comfortable in my hands than the smaller XS bodies do.

BOTH cameras will produce AMAZING pictures with a nice lens and the know how of basic photography.

I shoot a 20D for all of my pictures. Dirtybird uses the rebal series and has amazing pics with that camera as well.

I hope this helped. Im trying not to be too biased since i do shoot with a 20D.

And when you say basic lens, which lens are you referring too? Im going to assume the 18-55 IS EF lens right?

To fully answer your question, whatever one you are leaning more towards, go with it.They are both good beginner bodies that i feel will serve you well. The main concern is probably how the cameras feel in your hands. Like i said, the 20D is bigger and heavier in your hands, while the XS will be smaller and weigh less. Its alll up to you, when you want the camera, and your budget because either or will be a good choice!

.Chris

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird View Post
    Yeah, it rains and the windows need to still go down some. :p

It's a Jeep, it has drain plugs in the floor, its meant to get wet lol when it rains I just throw the top up, no windows

Club Member

Was messing around today with my little bro and some lighting.

Im not too happy with the results. I hate the skin tone, i overproccesed it too much and couldnt fix it. Photobucket also didnt do justice to the photos...

Anywho, here are a few of them. idk...hopefully ill mess around some more with lights and actualy learn how to use them better....

is that a b.b. gun? lol
    Team Z Motorsports

Thread Information