Thread: Adjustable shock/strut settings?

Forum Member

Question Adjustable shock/strut settings?

I have just recently went to a new suspension setup from the stock setup on my 95GT. Car is making 280RWHP and about 310ft/lbs of tq to the ground. I now have Eibach Sportlines all around, and KYB AGX adjustables on all 4 corners. Steeda CC plates up front. Im just wondering what settings to set my dials to on the front and rears to get the best weigh transfer and hook.

Fronts can be set to 1,2,3, or 4 w/ a small flathead.
    Rears have a knob that goes from 1-9 or 10

Im also considering switching to a drag radial on the rears, the 255 Nitto555's aren't cutting it at all

Thanks guys, Alex

1 in front. 10 in rear. you want the rear as high as possible and still have it hook.
    Since those probably adjust compression and rebound at the same time you may have to have the fronts set higher to keep it from bouncing

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

start in the middle and 2 or 3 in front and 5 in the back.. put a small zip tie on the rod of the rear shock.

launch the car and stop get out make sure its not bottoming out (it will push the zip tie up how ever far the body traveled.)

make sure is not bottoming out.. if it is and its on the middle setting you prob need a heavier spring. if is not then start playing with the adjusting one click at a time..

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

or just go do some reading here...

www.baselinesuspensions.com

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    1 in front. 10 in rear. you want the rear as high as possible and still have it hook.
    Since those probably adjust compression and rebound at the same time you may have to have the fronts set higher to keep it from bouncing
    So your saying that adjusting the numbers will actually slightly lower or raise the rear of the car as well, and that 10 will cause it to sit as high as possible?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by igotaneed4speed View Post
    or just go do some reading here...

www.baselinesuspensions.com
    I took a look at it, but to be honest a lot of that is over my head. Any way you could present some critical information to me in "retard form"?

Thread Information