Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone running manual brakes?

Quote Originally Posted by fogged10 View Post
    my notch has manual brakes! no problems with them!
    same here!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 502SS View Post
    Manual brakes on my Jeep. I honestly don't think pedal effort is really that much different and the pedal feels the same. The Jeep sees the sand dunes, sand dragstrips, and a lot of street use and I've never had a problem.
    Good to hear!

Well, I guess I'll be pricing this out. It will be a nice little project for the winter, assuming the car sees the road before its too late in the year (damn transmission).

I guess this is more common than I thought. I just know using the brakes through a booster system without the engine on is not fun. It sounds like this is barely noticeable.

~Eric

Forum Member

http://motownmuscle.com/forums/member.php?u=6317

he has them on his notch and its hand controled!

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

Quote Originally Posted by rockthemullet View Post
    Yea, I have a pretty tight fit in mine with the 4v heads. The 4.6L DOHC is actually dimensionally larger than a BBF, lol.

How is the pedal feel and effort?

can't give you details on mine as its not rolling yet lol..

My friend has the same brake pads, master, rotors, and lines on his and its titties awesome feedback in the pedal but not to much that its over whellming.

There is a guy on the NMRA forums in the for sale section that sells the adaptor plates for 20 bucks. then you can use a 86 SVO manual brake master (aluminumone & it comes with the rod) all thou you have to bend the rod to work its only 26 bucks..

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by igotaneed4speed View Post
    can't give you details on mine as its not rolling yet lol..

My friend has the same brake pads, master, rotors, and lines on his and its titties awesome feedback in the pedal but not to much that its over whellming.

There is a guy on the NMRA forums in the for sale section that sells the adaptor plates for 20 bucks. then you can use a 86 SVO manual brake master (aluminumone & it comes with the rod) all thou you have to bend the rod to work its only 26 bucks..
    This would be going on a 99 Cobra. According to all of the sites, the kit is different between the foxes and my car

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

Quote Originally Posted by rockthemullet View Post
    This would be going on a 99 Cobra. According to all of the sites, the kit is different between the foxes and my car

he makes them for the newer body styles I think (don't quote me lol)
    might have to use a different master though.

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Club Member

I ran manual brakes (fronts were disk) on my 68 big block chevelle and had no trouble stopping from 130 in the 1/4 mile.

Thread Information