Thread: th350 in lt1 fbody

Default th350 in lt1 fbody

i am wanting to put a th350 in my 94 z28. what all do i need to complete the conversion?

A conversion trans crossmember and torque arm. Buy a long tailshaft (9") and you'll be fine using yur existing driveshaft.

thank you. is there any way to get the speedometer to work and will the trans cooler lines direct fit?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 94Z View Post
    thank you. is there any way to get the speedometer to work and will the trans cooler lines direct fit?
    The cooler lines should go back in place.

They only made the 6'' and 12.5'' tail housings ( for the TH350) to accept the 2'' speedo housing which is what you would need to get the speedo to work with factory parts.

Another option is to use the 700/4l60/4l60-e Tail housing which is 7.5'', take a medium th350 output shaft (9'') and take 1.5'' off the end of the shaft, then use the 4l60-e exciter ring and tail housing sensor. One way or another either using a short th350 (6'') or the 700 stuff(7.5'') you'll be needing driveshaft work.

one last question before i start. what do i need to do for a flex plate and torque converter?

Banned

If your z was a auto before you can use your exsisting flex plate and a th350/400 converter of your choice. If your Z was a stick you'll have to remove the pilot bearing, and by a flexplate for your application and a converter of your choice for the th350/400.

Mike.

Thread Information