Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picture of Rita from Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by 91Bird305 View Post
    How did u do?
    In the qualifying races I finished 4th in the rain on Friday(Qualified 7th), finished 2nd on Saturday (qualified 4th lead all but the last lap)due to a shifter nob that came off in my hand on the last straight of the last lap I ended up starting on the 2nd row and finished 3rd overall, than was DQed (screwed over) to 4th because of some car 2 car contact. I lead for about 2 laps than became over aggressive and ended up giving up Second place it was mine but I was pushing to hard for first, me and the Viper (red on in pic) had checked out by about 20 seconds & I made a run and had top lift in a corner and spun the car. By the time I got her going again the 3rd place car was on my ass and my tires were full of crap I ended up over driving corner 1 going off and allowing him by.

So it was Viper, Vette, Vette

There were 17 ST2 cars entered

I guess I should be happy since it was my 2nd ST2 race & my 4th W2W race EVER.

The car & I will only get faster as we figure this stuff out. On a positive note I did have the fastest race lap of the weekend, so I know I can go fast now I just need to learn how to race.

I have the Video and will post it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RedXtcy View Post
    doesnt having the windows down hurt aerodynamics? i did not like going over 150 with my windows down.. that felt scary.

maybe a stupid question

What windows?

and yes it would hurt areo but it would hurt more if your car was on fire and they couldn't get you out because your windows were up. BTW You aren't allowed side windows.
    Last edited by L98Terror; 09-29-2008 at 07:48 AM.
    Bowtie8 on Road racing
    Its like doing shots - the more you do, the smoother things get
    Quote Originally Posted by postban
    The youngsters don't know and don't know that they don't know.
    "...Al-Queda desires death more than you desire life" Usama Bin Ladin
    :

1991 Corvette For Sale PM for details

Do you know any of the other drvers out there? Like Doug Peterson I know he races Vettes as well. By the way your car is looken sweet!!! It take balls to rock out in the rain.

You guys have serious balls racing in the rain lol. Pretty cool.

Just out of curiousity, how fast do you go with a car like that on a good dry track?
    87 Grand National (grudge car)
    Misc old Ford street cars

Great pictures

+1
    MichiganClassics.com - Muscle & Classic car resource - Event listings - Classifieds

2000 GMC Sierra Z71 - 200K mile DD - Very green, runs on recycled dinosaurs
    1967 Camaro RS/SS L78 - Perpetual project
    Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
    My stuff on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.M. View Post
    Do you know any of the other drvers out there? Like Doug Peterson I know he races Vettes as well. By the way your car is looken sweet!!! It take balls to rock out in the rain.
    I don't Know Doug, I'm not sure he races with NASA, I pretty much know everyone that raced in ST1 or ST2. At least he didn't run Nationals.

I believe there were 53 Starter in our group, we ran SU,ST1,ST2,PTA & PTB all at the same time with three pace cars starting us all one after the other in three groups. ST 2 was the biggest class in our group with 17 cars.

All results http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=358549

Group D Championship results
    http://www.mylaps.com/results/showru...257&perclass=1

Quote Originally Posted by Fryguy302 View Post
    You guys have serious balls racing in the rain lol. Pretty cool.

Just out of curiousity, how fast do you go with a car like that on a good dry track?
    Our final race was in the dry and I ran a 1:33.6 at Mid-O, if you mean 1/4 mile reference times my car was detuned to a ST2 car which is 8.7:1 lbs:hp. so 350 RWHP and 3150# My stock Z06 was at 9.0 : 1 and ran 11.93 @ 116.

I would say it would be close to the same, the way I got the car add 100+ hp and take away another 100# I'd say it would be a 10 second car. Danny Popp's ST1 car weights about 3200# and makes about 550 RWHP I'm guessing it would run low 10s or high 9s and trap in the high to mid 130s.

Now think about driving in the rain, than think about the green flag dropping and there are cars on all sides of you hammering down at the same time and you can't see shit. Thank god we don't do standing starts in our class, we start at about 50 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Great pictures

+1

Thanks
    Last edited by L98Terror; 09-29-2008 at 08:35 AM.
    Bowtie8 on Road racing
    Its like doing shots - the more you do, the smoother things get
    Quote Originally Posted by postban
    The youngsters don't know and don't know that they don't know.
    "...Al-Queda desires death more than you desire life" Usama Bin Ladin
    :

1991 Corvette For Sale PM for details

very cool!
    1990 GT 25th Anny
    2012 Grand Sport 100th Anny

Looks like alot of fun Ken! Let me know If you plan to come back down here some time I'd love to see you race again!
    motown muscle southern chapter "we find rust free material for the michigan masses"

08 Mustang GT broke but beautiful

99 saturn SL1 with the air box removed for POWER!!!!
    Ford Chrysler or GM it doesent matter to me as long as its domestic.

Banned

Looks like a blast !! One day I hope to make it out to gingerman and try it myself !

Quote Originally Posted by L98Terror View Post
    I don't Know Doug, I'm not sure he races with NASA, I pretty much know everyone that raced in ST1 or ST2. At least he didn't run Nationals.

I believe there were 53 Starter in our group, we ran SU,ST1,ST2,PTA & PTB all at the same time with three pace cars starting us all one after the other in three groups. ST 2 was the biggest class in our group with 17 cars.

All results http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=358549

Group D Championship results
    http://www.mylaps.com/results/showru...257&perclass=1

Our final race was in the dry and I ran a 1:33.6 at Mid-O, if you mean 1/4 mile reference times my car was detuned to a ST2 car which is 8.7:1 lbs:hp. so 350 RWHP and 3150# My stock Z06 was at 9.0 : 1 and ran 11.93 @ 116.

I would say it would be close to the same, the way I got the car add 100+ hp and take away another 100# I'd say it would be a 10 second car. Danny Popp's ST1 car weights about 3200# and makes about 550 RWHP I'm guessing it would run low 10s or high 9s and trap in the high to mid 130s.

Now think about driving in the rain, than think about the green flag dropping and there are cars on all sides of you hammering down at the same time and you can't see shit. Thank god we don't do standing starts in our class, we start at about 50 MPH

Thanks
    i think he ment in the straights and through turns what kind mph are you seeing? thats what i was wondering at least.
    08 kawi zx-14
    00 vette

VERY NICE, KEN! I need a ride.
    They call me "Blu"
    http://home.comcast.net/~joerichardson22/site/?/home/
    1992 Twilight Blue and Titanium Ford Mustang GT(Summer car)
    2002 Ford EscapeXLT V6
    2005 Suzuki GSX-750
    Founder: The Blue Stang Group. Group member #1 Our motto: It's broke

Thread Information