Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ballpark cost for mini-tub on a 4th-gen F-Body?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Z Motorsports View Post
    MAN I've done the F body mini tubs and I couldnt touch it for $500 hell the tubs are $140 I'll bring any F body tubs to you guys
    X2 I think he missed a 0 at the end of the $500

I know of a shop that wont touch a mini tub on a F-body for under 2 grand.

Not sure how you could do it for 500.00
    Jeremy
    FLOORMAT RACING

Quote Originally Posted by nickgregg2007 View Post
    how bout an 80 notch back, rough estimate, im also in the market looking for prices.
    What exactly do you want a price for? tubs and frame notch only, or include back seat delete metal work, is it stock suspension? if so would you like to stay that way or go ladder bar? does it have a cage and frame connectors? heres a notch i just finished:
    mini tub,ladder bar, coilovers, seat mounts, thru the floor connectors,misc. other things http://good-times.webshots.com/album/567621294hFJxWz

let me know and i'll give you a ball park and PM a phone number so we can nail down the specifics
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BB71Mopar View Post

It just depends on exactly what you want done, there are a lot of variables in just saying "how much for a mini tub"

When I originally asked the question it was more me wondering if it would be in the $500-1000 range, the $1000-2000 range, or the $2000-5000 range, etc. etc., hence asking for a ballpark. I can do the former, but I don't want to call and tirekick a bunch of shops if it's clearly out of my price range, which the latter 2 categories realistically are.

Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by btracecars View Post
    It just depends on exactly what you want done, there are a lot of variables in just saying "how much for a mini tub"

Say whhhattttt?

2 grand must include the mini-tubs, stretching the wheel wells, painting the stretched wheel wells, etc.
    '00 Camaro
    PBMF > *

Most of the time just the parts for the mini tub will be around a grand. Coil overs, relocating the brackets, narrowing the rear end, and the tubs. all this stuff adds up.... Most people I know can't work for free so they have to charge some labor. But if there is a different way of doing it like the old Mopars where they have a city block under the back end than I would be thinking too much....
    Jeremy
    FLOORMAT RACING

I was just looking for a quote on the actual mini-tubbing, not narrowing the rear end, coilovers, etc.

I literally just want the factory tubs cut out, and the new tubs welded in. Maybe bracket relocations if it is necessary for correct suspension geometry. Naturally all that other stuff would be separate and cost extra.

Most of the time just the parts for the mini tub will be around a grand. Coil overs, relocating the brackets, narrowing the rear end, and the tubs. all this stuff adds up.... Most people I know can't work for free so they have to charge some labor. But if there is a different way of doing it like the old Mopars where they have a city block under the back end than I would be thinking too much....
    Oh man you're talking about a lot of other stuff on top of the mini-tub. All a mini-tub is to me is making the car fit a taller/wider tire. That's the tubs themselves (cheap if steel) and a little bit of cutting and welding. Adding all that other stuff isn't cheap, that's for sure. But I don't think it's necessary in all circumstances.
    '00 Camaro
    PBMF > *

When you do a mustang you have to cut the spring perch. Not too sure on the F-Body...
    Jeremy
    FLOORMAT RACING

Thread Information