Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: F@#$%^g Mice

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    5 gallon bucket. 2 gallons of water, 1 jar of peanut butter and a wood ramp

I got one of those in my garage..

Except i use old coolant and mad a wheel in the middle that they have to walk onto the get at the peanut butter then it just rolls around and they fall in the coolant and drown

I get two or three a week on average when it starts to get cold.

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by igotaneed4speed View Post

Except i use old coolant and mad a wheel in the middle that they have to walk onto the get at the peanut butter then it just rolls around and they fall in the coolant and drown
    That is the funniest thing I've ever heard

I place moth balls under the hood and on the ground underneath my car when I store it for the winter just in case rodents get in to my garage. I've read too many horror stories about chewed up wiring and dead things in the HVAC.

For in the house, snap trap+peanut butter=dead critters!!

Quote Originally Posted by SVT32VDOHC View Post
    That is the funniest thing I've ever heard
    Yooper mouse trap, probably the most effective trap for those critters! They're great for the garage. Drill a hole through a can, smear peanut butter around it, put a coat hanger through it so it hangs over the bucket, and it works every time.

Just make sure you clean them out every few days.

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

Quote Originally Posted by CLC85TA View Post
    Yooper mouse trap, probably the most effective trap for those critters! They're great for the garage. Drill a hole through a can, smear peanut butter around it, put a coat hanger through it so it hangs over the bucket, and it works every time.

Just make sure you clean them out every few days.
    I used a gatorade bottle and a old arrow shaft for the wheel lol

Thats for sure oh man went on vacation for two weeks last year came home oh man had to open both roll up doors and the windows in the garage it was leathal how bad it stunk lol.

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

i deal with those little mice every year, i put Don poison outside in the sheds where my dog cant get near it. The best traps are those plasitc easy set traps, they are simple to set and have a VERY HIGH catch rate! I always put peanut butter on the inside top of the trap, because if you just put the butter on the metal tab because mice are smart and can eat it off without tripping the trap. If you put it on the inside top of the trap, i guarantee you a dead mouse.

I have a large field 1 row of houses away.

Every year a get a 'bunch' of them.

I do agree, the 'cheeze' snap traps w/ peanut butter work best, and you have a reduced chance of snapping your fingers.

If you have a dog / cat, put the trap near their food just before dark (make sure said dog / cat cant get it or you will be removing the trap from their face lol).

One night a couple years ago, I didnt even leave the utility room. I would set the trap, turn off the light, wait about 45 seconds, SNAP, turn light on, throw away squirming mouse, set next trap, and do it all again. I must have had 4 or 5 in a row that year.

Motown's uber nerd and fav Sweeeeede!

I haven't seen any signs of mice since we started letting the cat back inside...

When I was little my Grandpa trapped chipmunks in a live trap. He had a 55 gallon drum on the corner of his garage that rain water would run into from the gutter. He dunked them in there....and he told me he was "teaching them how to swim." I thought it was so funny back then...still funny now actually.

moth balls work the best they keep mice,rats and others a way.

Thread Information