Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: suspension setup,what is needed......

Default suspension setup,what is needed......

hey guys,some great info on here,I have a 1986 stang gt convert.5-speed with a 306 sbf AFR heads,177 cu.roots supercharger that is making 411 hp at the tires and seriously need to hook this up somehow.What I currantly have is lakewood uppers with megabite lowers,stock rear springs w/airbags,BFG drag radials,frame is tied and the front has a tubeular k-member w\a arms and coilover kit on struts.Its looking like on here Im going to need strange shocks and struts and replace my upper control arms to some adjustables.Any guidence here would be appreciated.Thanks

come on guys alot of you know what you are doing,I can tell by reading the post,just looking for some advice on a setup for my convertible fox body,I know they are a little bit heavier than a hatch. Anyone.............

Club Sponsor

A good set of adjustable control arms and shocks and struts are a good place to start!
    "You didn't Build it" LMFAO isn't that what Oboma said too?

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Z Motorsports View Post
    A good set of adjustable control arms and shocks and struts are a good place to start!

If anybody knows it would be this guy. Don't ask any questions. Just do whatever he tells you to do!

awesome,I appreciate the response,from some of the pics Ive looked at on here,TeamZ does some incredible work,I will keep you in mind cause I dont know anybody around my area that does the kind of work you guys do on the fox bodies.Thanks

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by stanggt View Post
    awesome,I appreciate the response,from some of the pics Ive looked at on here,TeamZ does some incredible work,I will keep you in mind cause I dont know anybody around my area that does the kind of work you guys do on the fox bodies.Thanks
    Dave is a good guy. He won't do you wrong.

is there a club or say a group of fox bodies that get together on the weekends down around your area that cruise around and just hang out for an evening.There really isnt anything going on around here except a bunch of older guys and gals that hang out at Advance Auto Parts with old cars and such,not that theres anything wrong with that.Theres just something about the mustang that you just want to be part of if you know what I mean.

Club Sponsor

I would get a 2step limiter and work on launch RPM. Thats alot of TQ and a really hard hit on those tires. You could try some Mickeys and a 2 step.

Quote Originally Posted by stanggt View Post
    hey guys,some great info on here,I have a 1986 stang gt convert.5-speed with a 306 sbf AFR heads,177 cu.roots supercharger that is making 411 hp at the tires and seriously need to hook this up somehow.What I currantly have is lakewood uppers with megabite lowers,stock rear springs w/airbags,BFG drag radials,frame is tied and the front has a tubeular k-member wa arms and coilover kit on struts.Its looking like on here Im going to need strange shocks and struts and replace my upper control arms to some adjustables.Any guidence here would be appreciated.Thanks

it takes alot of work to get a manual trans and drag radials too work together.

I've never heard of a 2-step limiter,does that have to do with your rpm when your launching?Also when I do get the car to start hooking,I'm going to need to put some good axles into the car as i've been reading alot of people breaking stock axles,is this true?And if so what is recommended?

Thread Information