Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Post pics of guns here.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc@AutoLavish View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and I agree with you. Its one thing for the Special Forces community to have this stuff on the government's dime, but to spend my own money I think I'd stick to 7.62 or 5.56 for cost effectiveness. Over a dollar a round is just way too much and leaves out adequate training / trigger time to really get comfortable and knowledgeable of the weapon system.
    Exactly. For civilian use the 6.8 just doesn't make much sense yet. I like to be able to walk into pretty much any gun store or walmart and be able to grab .223/5.56.

Plus in a SHTF situation (far out thinking here I know) NATO would be dropping 5.56 and 7.62 x 51 I'd imagine.

Who made M4's for you guys in the military? Or were they assorted MFG's?

If I really wanted to spend that type of money I'd just go ahead and get a P90 (those 5.7 rounds were 50 cents a round last I saw).
    Additionally, if any of you guys could recommend a good SMG type of weapon I'd appreciate it. My gun knowledge is basically limited to my military service for the most part, and haven't got to play with the various SMGs for anything aside from a friend's P90. Its hard to beat the cost effectiveness of 9mm rounds, so I'm thinking something more like an MP5, but don't really know my options with price and such. This would be more of a home defense weapon / something light and easy to play with (my g/f is all of 5', so something compact is not only the right size for her, but easy for her to handle as well). I don't want to get crazy off topic here, so if anyone has any information they could PM me / send my way, I'd very much appreciate it.
    I'll send you some info later on today. FYI a H&K MP5 is going to be some where around $3,000. A P90 around $1800.

You know you can build/buy a 9mm AR or AR pistol, right? That would be most cost effective, and the easiest one to find parts for.

Here:
    http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=232

I've got 10.5" LAR-15 A4 5.56 on order from them right now.

If you ever need help finding something, give me a shout.
    Last edited by jsxtreme; 05-25-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Quote Originally Posted by boosted gt View Post
    JU 87G stuka "cannon bird"

twin 37mm cannon pods for destroying tanks.
    30mm Avenger seven-barrel gatling gun for destroying tanks, anything on earth, or anything in out solor system....

that nazi stuff is bamf!! +1
    '90 GT EFI 302
    ALTERNATIVE AUTO PERFORMANCE

"You have enemy's? Good, that means you stood up for something!"
    "Nitrous and EFI is like peanut butter and jelly"

Quote Originally Posted by Marc@AutoLavish View Post
    Hell yea. Repped for being one of the few. One thing I hated about my M4 was the lack of an ambi selector switch - so it was one of the changes I made on my last deployment. Too many "right" handed people and not enough of us "correct handed" folks
    Thanks for the rep. Now if I can just keep all the brass off my arm when the casings eject (jk) I actually have never been bothered by shooting long guns left handed

father in law just gave this me...i gotta clean it up, been in his closet since 1987..wow
    s&w 357
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mr. Hair Gel Overgeller Crazzy_Al's Avatar

That's a heavy piece of steel, Dirty Harry.
    Alberto
    Built Ford Tough

Thread Information