Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: roll cage 8 or 10

Quote Originally Posted by QuickLX View Post
    Well, if your TA weighs as much as a friend of mine's, I can understand why....Leather, A/C, Power everything, etc., etc.....

Am I close??

It's certainly not an 85 capri.
    right at 4000lbs race weight with me

BTW don't give up on manual trans. they are cool
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

the car is gutted as of now. i used desktop dyno so im guessing its a rough estimate. i was told by a few ppl what they thought my car would run so i was going off of them. i have a feeling im going to be verysurpised i planed to go to weisers scrap here in westland and get it weighted after i was finished with it. but the total setup is a 360 block bored 60 over 13.5 to 1 pistons port and polished heads as far as they can go wished i couldve got them flow benched but oops stainless steel 202 160 valves 1.5 roller rockers roller lifters .700 lift cam dont know the duration. 727 tourqflight 3500 stall and a 410 gear. i want to get it dynod but thats when im done with it

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    right at 4000lbs race weight with me

BTW don't give up on manual trans. they are cool

Hey I was pretty close!

As for the Stick......It's GONE!! Sold everything!

I now will have a Hutch built TH400 with Pro Brake, 8" 5800 stall, Precision Performance Air Shifter, etc....I am preparing for the future
    Steve

QuickLX.com

Special Thanks to:
    Competition Components (Scott Brown)
    Hutch's Transmission Service (Hutch)
    Monson Racing (Jim Monson)
    Work Turbochargers (Reed Patridge)

Quote Originally Posted by 85capri View Post
    the car is gutted as of now. i used desktop dyno so im guessing its a rough estimate. i was told by a few ppl what they thought my car would run so i was going off of them. i have a feeling im going to be verysurpised i planed to go to weisers scrap here in westland and get it weighted after i was finished with it. but the total setup is a 360 block bored 60 over 13.5 to 1 pistons port and polished heads as far as they can go wished i couldve got them flow benched but oops stainless steel 202 160 valves 1.5 roller rockers roller lifters .700 lift cam dont know the duration. 727 tourqflight 3500 stall and a 410 gear. i want to get it dynod but thats when im done with it
    I would not use desktop bullshit for anything. It's so inaccurate that I can't believe they still sell it.

Is this a MOPAR power and drive train in a Ford??? Very different.

What heads? and who ported them? Who did the cam?
    Steve

QuickLX.com

Special Thanks to:

thats what i was going for it was either a mopar motor or a 900 horse 4 cyl outta a jet boat but wouldve had to find a trans outta a pinto. the heads ae a stock j style heads. the porting was done by a buddy of mine who used to work at livernois so i dont doubt him none the cam is a comp cam custom grind thats all i know about it

one thing i would do if i were you is get that cam to someone and have them do a cam doctor on it. that way you know all the specs and exactly where the cam is going to make power and whatnot. then you should get the motor built and dyno'd. you have to think in the future when you do a cage. whats your ultimate goal with the car?
    SCOUTS OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by 85capri View Post
    thats what i was going for it was either a mopar motor or a 900 horse 4 cyl outta a jet boat but wouldve had to find a trans outta a pinto. the heads ae a stock j style heads. the porting was done by a buddy of mine who used to work at livernois so i dont doubt him none the cam is a comp cam custom grind thats all i know about it

I would think high 400 to low 500 hp would be more realistic for this setup if the heads are done right, but the comp cam is what kills it for me. Lots of lift, but their grinds are less than spectacular.

I have a VERY good MOPAR guy that can make you a killer cam should you ever choose to change the one you have.

I think your buddies are right here. low 11's to high 10's is realistic.
    Steve

QuickLX.com

Special Thanks to:

hey quick(steve) did you figure out your rearend issue? what gear are you going with so you dont break it
    SCOUTS OUT!

well the guy that built the motor befor i got it said he had like a 284dur and 600 lift and it ran beter then what it does know but its running off e85 right now u guys think there ne power advatages over turbo blue ???

e85 takes alot more fuel pump and tune
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Thread Information