Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: roll cage 8 or 10

Quote Originally Posted by johnquick302 View Post
    my cam guy tells them what to make the cam. so it works for me and all his motors. he works at roush now and alot of their cams are from comp. i would never let them pick out a cam for me since your head guy should be the one who does that. but i have been happy with all my comp cams but they were also picked out by the same guy. he will be doing another one for me this year if i do a windsor.

their lifters suck, my buddy is bringing mine that broke this year to the pri show next week to show them whatsup. i tore up some shit this year because of those lifters.
    Oh, this make a ton of sense as their lobe profiles are great and some of the most advanced, but the jackasses they have their puting them together to make a custom cam shouldn't be dealing with a moped much less a race engine. If your guy knows his shit, and obviously he must, then letting him pick out the profiles or even designing his own profiles and giving them to them to grind is fine. Just wouldn't trust comp to pick them out for ya.

I have heard mix opinions about their lifters, mine have been fine, but they will likely need to be replaced. I am probably dealing with a ticking timebomb LOL.
    Steve

QuickLX.com

Special Thanks to:
    Competition Components (Scott Brown)
    Hutch's Transmission Service (Hutch)
    Monson Racing (Jim Monson)
    Work Turbochargers (Reed Patridge)

yea he is top notch. hes let me come in the garage and actually explain things to me and has taught me a ton of stuff. hes really a great guy, he did the heads and cam for my dads 408 in his cobra kit car
    Quote Originally Posted by johnquick302 View Post
    if your talking about ronny then yeah, i wouldnt go anywhere else. he has always made my shit run decent for the bullshit that i have.
    SCOUTS OUT!

I don't have any guys. I guess thats why I am so slow
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickLX View Post
    Oh, this make a ton of sense as their lobe profiles are great and some of the most advanced, but the jackasses they have their puting them together to make a custom cam shouldn't be dealing with a moped much less a race engine. If your guy knows his shit, and obviously he must, then letting him pick out the profiles or even designing his own profiles and giving them to them to grind is fine. Just wouldn't trust comp to pick them out for ya.

I have heard mix opinions about their lifters, mine have been fine, but they will likely need to be replaced. I am probably dealing with a ticking timebomb LOL.
    my cam this year is pretty big, around 800lift. it has alot of spring pressure and the lifters were new at the beginning of this year and i broke 3 of them in about 40-50 passes and 200 street miles. and before that the cam i have now is a small base circle cam well the lifter oiling band is not big enough so when the cam is at base circle it blocks the oil from flowing so it tore up my jesels and a bunch of pushrods.

who does your head work? why didnt they do a cam for you?
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

well my head guy was mainly chevy he told me if if nots chevy he wont touch it i had to pay him 800 for the head work. plus i talked to another guy from harlow racing he gave me his mopar dudes number but i seen his car it ran 12's with like 10'000 dollars worth of work on it so im kinda iffy on that one

i wish my car was as "slow" as yours..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    SCOUTS OUT!

12's for 10k!?? i think you need to find a different guy to do your stuff
    SCOUTS OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    or that ls1 you have in there.
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

Quote Originally Posted by 85capri View Post
    well my head guy was mainly chevy he told me if if nots chevy he wont touch it i had to pay him 800 for the head work. plus i talked to another guy from harlow racing he gave me his mopar dudes number but i seen his car it ran 12's with like 10'000 dollars worth of work on it so im kinda iffy on that one
    i think you need to find a new head guy. cause to me it sounds like he dont know shit.
    ill make ya famous...
    WWW.JOHNQUICKRACING.COM

he didnt touch my motor he just gave me a number for a mopar dude that supposedly knew his shit it just seemd like he knew what he would pay and put the good parts on his car and bought junky ones and cleaned them up or sumthing i dont know

Thread Information