Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Digital SLR Camera Help - For Christmas Gift.

Quote Originally Posted by wikdsvt View Post
    I checked out Costco this weekend - Told her i wanted to look at LCD TV's and that is were I played with the D60.

Only problem is my G/F has the costco membership. LOL.

The High end point and shoot and the entry SLR's are about the same price. I want her to play with them and see what she likes better.
    Oops. If you want to hit the Costco near Lakeside Mall or Great Lakes Crossing, let me know. I can meet you there and help you out with my membership.

Quote Originally Posted by avbcon12 View Post
    costcos return policy used to be the best anywhere. it was return anything, at any time for the price you paid. i returned my lcd tv after using it for over a year. they gave me cash back right there. they have changed that though, i believe its only 30 days now. youll have to look into it.

what was costcos price on the D60?
    Strange. The in-laws and I have returned a few things recently, over 30 days old and without a reciept. They check your membership records for the evidence you bought it there. Mother in Law took back something after one year without issue
    MichiganClassics.com - Muscle & Classic car resource - Event listings - Classifieds

2000 GMC Sierra Z71 - 200K mile DD - Very green, runs on recycled dinosaurs
    1967 Camaro RS/SS L78 - Perpetual project
    Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
    My stuff on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post

Strange. The in-laws and I have returned a few things recently, over 30 days old and without a reciept. They check your membership records for the evidence you bought it there. Mother in Law took back something after one year without issue
    from costco's website:
    "Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund."

sad but its no longer "anytime" and "anything". still better than most other stores though
    1990 GT

thats true. i'd check there as well. costco usually has great prices on all that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by avbcon12 View Post
    from costco's website:
    "Merchandise: We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund."

sad but its no longer "anytime" and "anything". still better than most other stores though
    That makes sense for electronics and things like that for sure - can't say I blame them
    MichiganClassics.com - Muscle & Classic car resource - Event listings - Classifieds

2000 GMC Sierra Z71 - 200K mile DD - Very green, runs on recycled dinosaurs
    1967 Camaro RS/SS L78 - Perpetual project
    Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
    My stuff on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    That makes sense for electronics and things like that for sure - can't say I blame them
    me neither.
    1990 GT

I'm going to go against the crowd. I have owned Canon PNS's and love them, but for SLR I went with the Olympus E-510, takes amazing pics.. Easy to use and has many mode settings as well as auto and of course manual.. They've come down in price since I bought mine a year ago, no regrets, great camera.. Here's some pics I've taken with the 510(1st pic is a Canon G5, rest are E-510)
    http://motownmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90511

all DSLR's have the ability to take great photos. the user has everything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky7 View Post
    all DSLR's have the ability to take great photos. the user has everything to do with it.
    True.. If you can't take pics it doesn't matter what kind of camera you have..

Forum Member

Olympus is alright, but I still prefer Canon or Nikon

Thanks a TON guys.

I bought a cannon DSLR Rebel XS with 8gb card, a few filters, carrying case, 4 year warranty, yada yada.

I decided against the extreme zoom for now.. maybe down the road.

The sales guy is actually a photography student and knew the camera's inside and out, everyone of the 20-30 models they had on display.

Thanks again!
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

Thread Information