Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Motor City Street Racers - Together at Last at the Automotive Hall of Fame...

All of the manufacturers were involved. Jim Wangers at Pontiac always had a fleet of GTO's and Grand Prix's that were being tuned at Ace Wilson's Royal Pontiac in Royal Oak. This was the famous ad from 1968 that cause an uproar and causing GM to pull the ad...

You can buy a copy of this ad at Classic Auto Images. I'm ordering this as the 24" X 36" poster.

Even AMC ran a few cars out of their engineering department including American's, AMX's, Rebel's and Hornet's. Olds ran 4-4-2's out of Lansing and Ford guys had Boss and Cleveland powered Mustangs and Cougars. I was born too late. I wish I had been born 10 or 15 years earlier.

now this is some cool shit. far out dates me but reminds me of the stories my uncle has told me. He had a '70 hemi orange AAR cuda... worked at a gas station on gratiot and used to race every night. still has the car.

Hahahaha...if you all only knew the real truth.
    I do..I lived it...
    Beside Addison, Wangers...the rest is all propaganda bullshit to make money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cheese View Post
    Hahahaha...if you all only knew the real truth.
    I do..I lived it...
    Beside Addison, Wangers...the rest is all propaganda bullshit to make money!!!
    Well, as Wangers was in charge of Pontiac marketing, making money (and selling cars) would be the whole idea. So as we don't know the real truth, how about enlightning us...

Forum Member

my dad has tons of stories from woodward, he used to park at a old oil place across from vincetti garage.

i was at my grandmas house and i found a box of old emblems with the little casting bosses broke off of them, super bee emblems and and ss emblems, he said they used to run and if they lost and the guy did not pay he took his stilleto and poped the emblem off of th car. he has some pics of his car some wheres it had shag carpet and bare foot petals and a stickers on the back that said high jacker. ran 15x 30s with no tub on a 67 pontiac firebird 400

Little late now and I am a bit under the weather but I will try and continue a bit.
    Until then here is some 'Real Stuff"..

http://www.myrideisme.com/Blog/woodw...et-last-words/

http://greenval.info/magstories/silverbullet/index.htm

good articles!

I LOVE the Zeus Cadillac. If all goes well with the job this month. My Continental is goin Twin Turbo. Hopefully twenty years from now theyre saying the same thing
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    My uncle told it was the "If you can beat me you can eat me " car and he told me she never lost that he new of..

yup thats the car

dont know if she was real or a legend

my cruise days started around summer 1979

anybody else get a loitering ticket
    at joy and telegraph the nite the cops blocked the exits on the parking lot?
    i heard storys about her when i was groing up listening to my dad and his old buddys talk about old times

Quote Originally Posted by cjmatt View Post
    I LOVE the Zeus Cadillac. If all goes well with the job this month. My Continental is goin Twin Turbo. Hopefully twenty years from now theyre saying the same thing
    That would be sweet, that is a nice Lincoln for sure
    MichiganClassics.com - Muscle & Classic car resource - Event listings - Classifieds

2000 GMC Sierra Z71 - 200K mile DD - Very green, runs on recycled dinosaurs
    1967 Camaro RS/SS L78 - Perpetual project
    Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
    My stuff on eBay

Thread Information