Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Legendary Motor City Street Racers - Together at Last at the Automotive Hall of Fame...

Here is Harold's website on the silver bullet. http://www.silverbulletgtx.com/

I meet him last year at a friends wedding and he is a big car nut.

Forum Member

my dad has a pic with his primer red 67 fire bird with a blown 455 big chief p/d motor, parked right next to that silver gtx.

he still owns the car, b and m modified case muncie 4spd and shag carpet intact. ill try to get some of his pics scanned.

his buddy was the guy who supposedly ended the hush hush era on Woodward he plowed a valiant with his 429 cj mustang at over 120 mph, there's a huge article about horsepower crack down after the accident, its in the library archives.

i wish i lived in that era, booming manufacturing, cheaper gas and 450 hp was a slow daily driven grocery getter.

In the back of a jacked up tailgate. Sittin' 'round watchin' all these pretty things.

I love listing to ol school stories.

My brothers cousins ran in the 80s an early 90s my cousin has a nova called the (Fat boy ) as well as a chevelle (Blue Goose) (i think i got the name right), and a Orange/ white striped 70 4-4-2. My uncles and mom used to race back in the 60s and 70s. Then listen to them is what got me started. Being around guys like up at Doc's shop and a few other places when i a lil older would go to the city.

I remember my friends dad loading his blown 427 70 chevelle heading for gratiot or the D or Woodward at 9-10 at night. That only fulled my passion more.

That was most fun i had was being out with them. The best part was it was never about the color of your skin, it was the about the size of the engine an the green of your cash.

Then i went to NC/SC for the summer it was INSANE some of the stuff i saw down there.. It was like being back in Memphis, it was nothing to see sick ass car in Barns being "Tweaked" on all week for the weekend. That's why i have so much respect for the good old boys.
    Last edited by Shadow X; 01-19-2010 at 10:54 AM.
    "BUILT not BOUGHT"

95 F250 4x4 12"s of lift on 38s
    Cummins swap someday

To attempt the destruction of our passions is the height of folly. What a noble aim is that of the zealot who tortures himself like a madman in order to desire nothing, love nothing, feel nothing, and who, if he succeeded, would end up a complete monster!

Denis Diderot

http://motownmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118936

It's funny how you mention the "if you beat me you can eat me" Corvette girl. My step dad is italian (Randazzo) and he said he beat her in his 1969 Stingray. I remember him telling me the story. He said she didn't pay out

Thread Information