Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garage Floor Coatings

Default Garage Floor Coatings

I recently moved in to a new house that had an unfinished barn. It actually had a floor that was made up of sand and rocks. This weekend I had the entire floor done with concrete. Next weekend I'm sectioning off a corner with a few walls and a garage door so I can store my Tahoe and not worry about it getting dirty or worse yet, getting scratched and dented. I was thinking about putting some kind of floor covering down but don't know much about them. Anyone ever use that roll on floor coating you always see commercials for on Spike? I want something that looks good and will stand up to chemicals and a lot of foot traffic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

I have no idea why this ended up in the Chassis section. I could of sworn I put it in the pit.

I used rustoleum epoxy shield on my garage floor. Then went over it with the high gloss clear and the flecks. So far it has held up well, just make sure that you clean and prep it good first.

I'm going to have this done too. First I have to get all the stains up.

I'm going to make everyone that comes here with a leaking vehicle park out on the street..

Julie Bliss Jackson, MI.

1993 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird LT1 14k actual 1 owner sold!!
    2005 Dodge Magnum RT **SOLD**
    2005 Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Solar Yellow

When we built our 30x30 last year, we put the stuff you can get at Lowe's down. Came out great. Like someone else mentioned. Make sure the surface is perfectly clean.

I ended up getting a kit from Quikrete. I figured it had to be a quality product if its from them. It's a medium grey color and you have all kinds of options for the flakes to toss in it. I chose granite flakes which are a combination of black, dark grey, light grey, and white. This weekend I'm putting up that small divider for my tahoe and then laying the floor. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Ooooo Back to school back to school I'm so cool

How long has it been since having the floor poured? Be sure to read thru and see if there is a curing time.. When I had mine done they told me NO coatings fora 2 months to make sure the floor is good and dry or it could end up soft...

I think where most of you have your problems with all of this, is the fact that you really don't fully understand the internal workings and dynamics of the common combustion engine. There is no magic tune up, and motors are stupid. The only time a motor will complain is when something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by igotaneed4speed View Post
    How long has it been since having the floor poured? Be sure to read thru and see if there is a curing time.. When I had mine done they told me NO coatings fora 2 months to make sure the floor is good and dry or it could end up soft...
    Same here, I was told 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by seXysiXer View Post
    I'm going to have this done too. First I have to get all the stains up.

I'm going to make everyone that comes here with a leaking vehicle park out on the street..

Ryan already parks on the lawn
    ASE Master Certified Technician

whats this stuff run approx $$$
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Thread Information