Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid.. your opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    Ain't Skeerd...

OPEN UP THE STATE !!!!!
    I drive a Bus for a living.... I am in contact daily with some of the dirtiest people you can Imagine DAILY ...

If I'm not Scared neither should you be ....

several of my coworkers have caught it ... I got it February 2020 before we knew what it was ...
    Driven Crazy

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    I drive a Bus for a living.... I am in contact daily with some of the dirtiest people you can Imagine DAILY ...

If I'm not Scared neither should you be ....

several of my coworkers have caught it ... I got it February 2020 before we knew what it was ...
    I have had three family friends die from it. Two 65+, one mid 40s. Currently have an outbreak in my office (which is why I am working remotely) with half a dozen cases. Two hospitalizations.

Also had a lifelong friend recently spend six days in the hospital with it. He said he honestly wasn't sure he was going to make it, sent his wife texts with all of his financial accounts/PWs/etc. He said the same thing. "I wasn't scared to get it... until I did."

Sad how people want to equate having a basic understanding of science and statistics with being scared..
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

That Dr from John Hopkins said they believed that half of the US population already has had it and with most the population getting vaccinations he expected it to disappear.
    Weird Mich being one of the most lock down states and yet the highest rate of active cases.
    Also reading today the Fed's have offered Michigan a increase in vaccines and they have yet to take them. Seems they are struggling with distributions and leaving available batches going unclaimed.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    If getting a vaccine, annually or bi-annually, keeps me from getting Covid, I'll be there with my sleeve rolled up, ready to go. I have kids who need me.
    I’ve had mine for 2 months now. There was not talks of it every 6 months at that time. Not that I heard anyway.

Very sorry to hear about losing folks to this. Terrible.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Honestly, I have seen an absolute disregard for mask wearing here in Michigan. Tons of customers and employees in small town businesses not wearing masks, wearing bullshit masks, etc.

I went in to get takeout food from my local bar on Thursday and there were 15ish people all sitting shoulder to shoulder at the bar with no masks while the 20 tables were closed with chairs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Honestly, I have seen an absolute disregard for mask wearing here in Michigan. Tons of customers and employees in small town businesses not wearing masks, wearing bullshit masks, etc.

I went in to get takeout food from my local bar on Thursday and there were 15ish people all sitting shoulder to shoulder at the bar with no masks while the 20 tables were closed with chairs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guns and wheelies, Mike... It's wierd that you went to a bar and expected to see people making good decisions.

"This" isn't going away ever. As long as one person can get on TV and say that one person can infect an entire stadium of people and possibly kill them...this isn't going away. It might change names after enough eye rolling.
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

What sucks is this stay at home order in the beginning got to me.. my sister was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer 2 years ago....
    With the whole stay at home, no gatherings order, we didn't get to celebrate all last year our birthdays, 4th of July, Easter, thanksgiving, Christmas, typical Italian Sunday family dinners..All because the powers to be said "No gatherings now so next holiday you can spend it with your loved ones".......
    Sadly my 54 year old sister died 2 weeks ago and never got to spend ANY of those last special days with her... I've never felt such burning anger in my life because we were told not to do something, you can do it next time... Well governor Whitmer, My family didn't get that fucken chance! Only time I said fuck you im not listening to your fucken antics is when I was holding my sisters hand for 2 days as she laid there dying!
    Not how I wanted to "spend the next time with your family" type of deal!
    Sorry I ranted on but soon as I can "peacefully" write a letter to the powers to be, I will let them know how I feel

Image.jpg
    Last edited by Wizeguy; 04-11-2021 at 12:26 AM.
    SAL

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    What sucks is this stay at home order in the beginning got to me.. my sister was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer 2 years ago....
    With the whole stay at home, no gatherings order, we didn't get to celebrate all last year our birthdays, 4th of July, Easter, thanksgiving, Christmas, typical Italian Sunday family dinners..All because the powers to be said "No gatherings now so next holiday you can spend it with your loved ones".......
    Sadly my 54 year old sister died 2 weeks ago and never got to spend ANY of those last special days with her... I've never felt such burning anger in my life because we were told not to do something, you can do it next time... Well governor Whitmer, My family didn't get that fucken chance! Only time I said fuck you im not listening to your fucken antics is when I was holding my sisters hand for 2 days as she laid there dying!
    Not how I wanted to "spend the next time with your family" type of deal!
    Sorry I ranted on but soon as I can "peacefully" write a letter to the powers to be, I will let them know how I feel

Image.jpg
    Sal, I'm sorry for your loss. I went through the same thing with my mom in September (66 years old, fought stage 4 cancer for almost 5 years). I have all of the same frustrations with one exception, I was my moms caretaker (24/7 care needed, my younger brother gave me assistance 2 days/week). So I saw her, almost every day but I still share all of the anger you do because covid robbed my mom of the last 9 months of her life. Robbed her of seeing her family swiming in her pool. Robbed her of hugging her 3 siblings and grandkids endlessly. And I'm sure robbed her of being able to say some final words she may have really wanted to say to a lot of people.
    1990 GT

The only reason we had to legislate is because people are stupid. If you pretend everyone is a zombie waiting to infect you and you self-isolated when you felt any semblance of being sick then this would not have been a problem. But humans are lazy, dirty, disgusting, and don't give a shit about anyone but themselves.

Everyone I know that was careful did not get sick. Anyone that wasn't careful all of the time, often did get sick.

I treated it like a neverending flu season. Stay farting distance away from people. Do not loiter but a hug from your Mom is just fine. Do not follow someone coughing or sneezing. Do not touch yourself or anything on you when in public spaces without using a wipe or hand sanitizer.

Why do I think so many people got sick from it? Because it had a long time in the wild before, if ever, someone showed symptoms. It's not like the stomach flu where you're out of commission almost immediately yet is similarly contagious.

One of my friends is super paranoid like me but over five years younger. They had an infant not long before this started. All three of them ended up with it even though they never went to any stores (they paid a fortune for delivery of everything) or saw any relatives... you know where they got it? They decided they wanted new carpet last fall and guess who was sick?

Do I think this is going to be like influenza? Yeap. I think it's here to stay. First world countries like ours are still full of dirty creatures and not everyone is going to get vaccinated for whatever reason. We live in a global world. So if the US is next door to a rapidly-becoming-authoritarian dictatorship to the north where they're too fucking cheap to buy vaccines or staff hospitals but will keep shutting the whole country down wrapping non-essential kids toys with cellophane... but yet can take away everyone's guns most expediently this shit is here to stay. If we didn't live in a global world it'd be different. Or if people weren't mouth breathing retarded dirty creatures. Or if "world leadership" could make a plan they could sell. Or Or Or. It's going to be like this, just like influenza season. Eventually people in first world countries we won't care people are dying from it anymore because the death number will shrink (natural selection) and we'll become numbed to it.

Sal, sorry for your loss.

Some of the most “careful” people I know ended up with the rona. Hell, you may have had it and not even known. I think I had it a month before any confirmed cases hit Michigan.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Thread Information