Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: school shootings... how can it be stoppedl! Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    I understand that argument. Let's be honest though....do you REALLY think owning an AR will protect any of us from a corrupt government? That may as well be a friggin' wrist rocket in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    While the technological gap is there, technology often only wins conventional wars. Realistically, if there was an uprising against the government, there would be a large amount of terrorist tactics involved just like any other point in world history. Some food for thought, the American colonists resorted to terrorist tactics and guerilla warfare against the crown and the loyalists alike. Often decimating entire families, holding people hostage for ransom, or killing to make an example. For all intents and purposes, the American Revolution wasn't won so much by a standing army as it was won by bands of American insurgents in the countryside. There are lots of great books about this. I have a feeling there would be an armed insurgency that would resort to said tactics in the event the population rose up against perceived government oppression.
    Little men in straw hats fucked up the worlds super power in Nam....... lol

I still keep asking what the fuck is the NSA doing????? are they actually saving any lives or preventing anything or just selling my phone conversations to advertising companies??

Quote Originally Posted by 347convert View Post
    Little men in straw hats fucked up the worlds super power in Nam....... lol
    And a bunch of Afghan farmers fucked up the other super power in the 1980s.
    '16 Fiesta ST

Unfortunately the kids are becoming desensitized. You can blame it on video games, you tube, mental illness whatever. You need to be in your kids shit!! Know what they are into. Know what they watch. Know when they have a change in behavior. Be a good fucking parent.

How dose a kid acquire an assault rifle? He orders it, or makes some shady connections with friends. Parents don’t see this shit. Oh he was a good boy or girl. Just came home and went in their room and played on the computer. Bullshit!! People need to get their heads out of their asses and get involved with their kids. Fucking teach them right from wrong, and how to midi gate problems rationally.

I have to step down from my soapbox now and breath. This is a sore subject having three kids. It’s enough to make a guy cry. Scary shit.

1986 Mustang GT 412W
    2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

If Ya Ain't First, Your Last! "Ricky Bobby"

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by my89notchback View Post
    Unfortunately the kids are becoming desensitized. You can blame it on video games, you tube, mental illness whatever. You need to be in your kids shit!! Know what they are into. Know what they watch. Know when they have a change in behavior. Be a good fucking parent.

How dose a kid acquire an assault rifle? He orders it, or makes some shady connections with friends. Parents don’t see this shit. Oh he was a good boy or girl. Just came home and went in their room and played on the computer. Bullshit!! People need to get their heads out of their asses and get involved with their kids. Fucking teach them right from wrong, and how to midi gate problems rationally.

I have to step down from my soapbox now and breath. This is a sore subject having three kids. It’s enough to make a guy cry. Scary shit.
    Agreed! You have to know what your kids are doing. But even if you do they may become mentally ill.

FBI and NSA doing nothing

Too busy looking into the Russian Trump collusion.

FBI and NSA doing nothing

Too busy looking into the Russian Trump collusion.
    FBI: "We couldn't tie him to any threats". I guess signing his actual name on youtube didn't count. Fucking morons.

shooter.jpg
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

I was talking to my niece who goes to Groves in Birmingham and asked her what's the drill if this happens at her school... she said they'd lock the classroom door and hide in a corner.... I told her to jump out the window and run! Why would you lock yourself in? That's just a sitting duck.

We had a Police officer at our High School full time and he proudly roam the hallways with his chrome 38 special sticking off his belt... talk about intimidation...
    SAL

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    I was talking to my niece who goes to Groves in Birmingham and asked her what's the drill if this happens at her school... she said they'd lock the classroom door and hide in a corner.... I told her to jump out the window and run! Why would you lock yourself in? That's just a sitting duck.

We had a Police officer at our High School full time and he proudly roam the hallways with his chrome 38 special sticking off his belt... talk about intimidation...
    All we had was a detective in the parking lot in a green Grand Am lol. He'd try to pull you over for spinning your tires. No sir sorry, no insignia stating it's a police officer. Then get called to the principal's office in the morning lol
    '16 Fiesta ST

Thread Information